YHF Wellness Committee
* 58% of the population has a condition, however 50% of that population has been identified for an outreach in the current period.
* The mode with the greatest ongoing engagement during the current period was telephonic, with 92% of ongoing engaged individuals.
* Identification and Engagement occurs a variety of service types from chronic conditions to case management.
* Predictive models have identified 50.3% of the population compared to 50.3% in the base period.
* Those that were engaged in ongoing telephonic coaching in the current period, 29% went on to have 3 or more coaching calls.
* Chronic conditions are a significant driver of medical cost and reduced productivity.
* In the current period, predictive models have identified 26.2% ...view middle of the document...
* Treatment Decision Support focused on these categories; Benign Uterine, Breast Cancer, Coronary Artery Dis, Low Back Pain, Osteoarthritis Hip, Osteoarthritis Knee, Prostate Knee.
* Online coaching can be used as a preferred engagement method for certain individuals, 3.9% of the population has engaged in online coaching compared to the 7.1% in the base period. This is not good, because obviously the numbers are decreasing.
* In this current period 350 goals have been set with coaches or online.
* 48.3% of the goals have been progressed against or met in the current period.
* 58.9% of the population eligible for IPHT completed a University of Michigan Health Assessment.
* Of those completing health assessment, 9.8% were categorized as being high risk in the current period compared to 8.1% in the base period. We need to find a solution to this problem and need to decrease these risk.
* Of those that completed the health assessment the largest risk category is weight. We need to find a way to promote and implement healthy eating and more physical activity into the staff every day lifestyle.
* Inpatient admissions shows the greatest utilization improvement, while ALOS shows the lowest improvement from the baseline to the current year.
* The largest category of preventive care utilization is dependents. Utilization rate increased from 63.0% to 66.2%.
* The next largest category of preventive care utilization is employees. The utilization rate decreased from 78% to 58.5% and compares to a norm of 64.2%.
* Preventive care as a percentage of total spend decreased from 2.6% to 2.4%, and it compares to a norm of 2.3%.
* Overall I think that we need find methods to implement to reduce risk at a much greater level. We also need to promote the services that are offered by Cigna. Staff needs to be more informed and educated on overall Wellness.