The Use of Prayer in Sport:
Implications for Sport Psychology Consulting
Nick J. Watson & Daniel R. Czech
1) The purpose of this report is more towards enrichment of human understanding. Why the use of religion has become so popular in sports. To help the audience understand the importance of religion in sport.
2) The relationship between the author and the audience is one that is not formal. While the author is not persuading the audience to agree or disagree on the subject, he is allowing the audience to gain a understanding on the topic.
3) This report ...view middle of the document...
5) In my report there was a good use of usability. The headings and fonts were appropriate depending on the section and the structure of the report was organized to help the reader understand what lead to the writing of this report and another section for what will happen in the future. Some things to help usability in this report would be visuals of pictures or statistics or bullet points to help the reader obtain the most important facts to know about religion and sports.
6) The language in this report is non-formal. The author is talking about how religion can affect a player’s performance on the field. He is not trying to sway their opinion just stating statistics to enrich his audiences understanding of the topic through a organized structure and usable statistics.
7) The document is persuasive by providing many different resources in it. By providing many documents that are other scholarly sources can help make this source more reliable and dependable. Through the use of good structure and good use of numbers it is a persuasive report
8) A suggestion I would have for this author is to add visuals so that the audience can see graphs and bars of how religion in sports has impacted the players and their minds, Another suggestion I would have is to add bullets for main ideas so it is easier to read for the audience.