Name: Peter Michelsen____________________________ CSI 242 01 Chapter 3 Homework
1. What is a type of law that represents all of the laws that apply to a citizen (or subject) of a jurisdiction? Civil Law
2. What is a type of law that addresses violations harmful to society and that is enforced by prosecution by the state? Criminal Law
3. Private Law is a type of law that regulates the relationship between an individual and an organization.
4. Public Law is a type of law that regulates the structure and administration of government agencies.
5. Ethics define socially acceptable behaviors.
6. Laws define rules that mandate or prohibit certain behavior.
7. True or False: ___True_____ The cornerstone of many current federal computer-related criminal laws is the ...view middle of the document...
11. True or False: __False_____ The law that regulates the role of the financial services industry in protecting the privacy of individuals is the Federal Privacy Act of 1974
12. The generally recognized term for the government protection afforded to intellectual property (written and electronic) is copyright law.
13. The law that provides any person with the right to request access to federal agency records is the Freedom of Information Act 1966 (FOIA).
14. The American contribution to an effort to improve copyright protection internationally is called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
15. Association of Computing Industry is a respected professional society founded in 1947 as "the world’s first educational and scientific computing society."
16. International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that focuses on the development and implementation of information security certifications.
17. True or False: ______ The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is the federal agency responsible for signal intelligence and information system security of classified systems.
18. True or False: ___False_____ The National Security Agency (NSA) is responsible for the security of all national critical infrastructure.
19. True or False: ___False___ The National Security Agency (NSA) is the federal agency responsible for signal intelligence and information system security of classified systems.
20. Identity theft is when personal information such as name, social security number, banking information or information that is associated with one person is used by another who is impersonating that person in order to obtain an ill gotten benefit or financial gain.