Week 3 : Managing Assets and Resources in the Digital Firm - Homework
Top of Form
1. A characteristic or quality describing an entity is called a(n) (Points : 1)
2. The confusion created by _____ makes it difficult for companies to create customer relationship management, supply chain management, or enterprise systems that integrate data from different sources. (Points : 1)
online processing |
3. Duplicate data in multiple data files is called (Points : 1)
data ...view middle of the document...
creating an inventory of data contained in the database.
presenting data as end users or business specialists would perceive them.
maintaining data in updated form. |
9. An automated or manual file that stores information about data elements and data characteristics such as usage, physical representation, ownership, authorization, and security is the (Points : 1)
data definition diagram.
relationship dictionary. |
10. Which is the type of database management approach that can handle a large number of pages or documents? (Points : 1)
11. Which is the most prominent data manipulation language today? (Points : 1)
Crystal Reports |
12. DBMSs typically include report-generating tools in order to (Points : 1)
retrieve and display data.
display data in an easier-to-read format.
display data in graphs.
perform predictive analysis. |
13. A schematic of the entire database that describes the relationships in a database is called (Points : 1)
the data dictionary.
the intersection relationship diagram.
the entity-relationship diagram.
the data definition diagram. |
14. What is the process of streamlining data to minimize redundancy and awkward many-to-many relationships? (Points : 1)
Data defining |