APA Style Manual
• Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition)
• General format for the paper
• How to reference sources in the text
• How to prepare the reference list
o 808.02 P97p 2010
Sources are shown in two locations:
• In the text
• In the reference list
• Every source must appear in both places (except personal communications)
What do you need to cite in the text of your paper?
• Any information you use that is not known to the general population
• A direct quote
• Information paraphrased from a sources
• Information you got through personal communication
• Use author’s last name and date of ...view middle of the document...
A., Author B. B., and Author, C. C., (Year). Title of article. Title of periodical, volume number, pages.
• Bremmer, 1., & Zakaria, F. (2006). Hedging political risk in China. Harvard Business Review, 84(11), 22-25
• If the article has no author shown, start with the title
• Article title. (Date). Title of periodical, volume number, pages.
• Just good business, (2008, January 19). Economist, 386, special section 3-6.
Articles from Internet Periodicals
• Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year). Title of periodical, volume number, pages. Retrieved from http://web address
• Robins, F. (2005). The future of corporate social responsibility. Asian Business & Management, 4(2), 95-115. Retrieved from http://www.abm.uk/june05/robins.html
Reference List: Books
• References to books include author, date, title, place of publication, publisher
• Author, A. A., (Year of publication). Title of work: Capital letter also for subtitle. Location: Publisher.
• Hopkins, M. (2007). Corporate social responsibility and international development: Is business the solution? London: Earthscan.
Chapters of Books
• For chapters of books or conference papers, include author, date, title of chapter/paper, editors, title of book, pages, place of publication, publisher.
• Thomas, S. (2006). Net business: China’s potential for a global market change. In J. Damm & S. Thomas (Eds.), Chinese cyberspaces: Technological...