Unit 10 Analysis 1: Repair Shop
1. For the most part data backup is an absolutely essential part of regular computer maintenance. If you don't back up your files you’ll lose them because the memory fails eventually.
2. DVD Backup Pros and Cons:
* PROS: of using DVD disc as a backup method. Most data backup programs support optical media. Data backup programs often have built in support to back up an entire hard drive to CDs or DVDs. Most computers have DVD or CD burner’s ...view middle of the document...
They're not always reliable. They're slow. Optical media can't be set up to back up automatically. The best forms of data backup are automatic. Full Format erases everything and resets all Magnetic platters.
3. Format the Hard Drive and reinstall OS Pros and Cons:
* PROS: of formatting the hard drive and reinstall operating system. Formatting removes bad programs and sophisticated viruses. After Formatting your partition will become clean and your system is ready for new programs. Scan and Repair bad sectors.
* CONS: of formatting the hard drive and reinstall operating system. According to experts, always formatting your Hard Disk is not ideal because it can cause gradual damage to your Hard Disk or may reduce the lifetime. The programs that you have installed will be deleted and you have reinstall it again as you wish. Formatting Windows requires preparation for the tools you are going to use. Formatting will take enough time to finish. After installing OS around 40 minutes you need to install all the drivers and necessary programs that sometimes will take up 2 to 3 or defending on the number of programs you are going to install. Formatting your windows will gives you lesser chance to backup necessary file. If you choose to Format only the Windows partition then you can still save the other partition if you have.