Unit 9 Lab Security Basics
Task 1: Features of Hardware and Software Firewalls
* Hardware Firewall – Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
1) Usually purchased as a stand-alone product typically found in routers or other networking equipment.
2) Usually a minimum of 4 network ports (the Cisco unit has 8)
3) Usually used in businesses or large networking systems
4) Intended for network security
* Software Firewall – 2014 Trend Micro ...view middle of the document...
99, $49.99, $35.00
* Norton – No free product ,free trial version for 30 days; yearly prices : $49.99, $79.99, $49.99
* McAfee – No free or trial versions; yearly prices : $79.99, $49.99, $44.99
* AVG – No freeware, trial for 30 days; yearly prices : $39.99, $54.99
* Kaspersky – Offers a free anti-virus software and 30 trial; yearly prices : $69.95, $64.95, $59.95, $59.95
Part 2: Define malicious code terms
Term – Trojan horse Program
Definition – generally non-self-replicating type of malware program containing malicious code that, when executed, carries out actions determined by the nature of the Trojan, typically causing loss or theft of data and possible system harm.
How it works – A Trojan often acts as a backdoor, contacting a controller which can then have unauthorized access to the affected computer. A computer may hosts a Trojan via a malicious program a user is duped into executing or by drive-by download