Unit 4 Assignment 1: Visual Elements & Graphics
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Use HTML to define the structure of content.
Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format Web pages.
Use visual Elements and graphics on Web pages.
Create and format lines and borders on Web pages.
Decide when to use graphics and what graphics are appropriate.
Apply the image element to add graphics to Web pages.
Configure images as backgrounds on Web pages.
Configure images as hyperlinks.
Find free and fee-based graphics sources.
Follow recommended Web design guidelines when using graphics on Web pages.
Complete this assignment by filling in the blanks listed with each question on the ...view middle of the document...
(GIF) Graphic Interchange Format
3. Image configured with multiple clickable areas. Image map
4. XHTML attribute that configures horizontal alignment. <h/>
5. Graphic file type that supports transparency and millions of colors. (PNG) Portable Network Graphic
6. XHTML attribute that configures vertical space above and below an image. vspace
7. XHTML attribute that configures alternate text content for an image. alt
8. Small version of an image that usually links to the larger version. Thumbnail image
9. XHTML attribute of the img tag that configures space to the left and right. hspace
10. XHTML element that configures graphics on Web pages. img
11. Set this XHTML attribute to zero to eliminate outlines on image links. Image border
12. A clickable area on an image map. hotspot
13. A type of graphic best used for photographic images. transparency
14. Area between an element’s content and border. padding
15. Process of creating a slight blur to smooth the jagged edges in digital images. antialiasing
16. CSS property that configures the background color of a Web page or element. Background-color
17. CSS property that configures the style of border. Border-style
18. CSS property that configures thickness of the border. Border-width
19. XHTML element that configures a horizontal line. <hr>
20. CSS property that configures a graphic as a background. Background-image
21. CSS property that configures placement of the background image. Background-position
22. CSS property that configures the border or boundary around an element. border
23. CSS property that configures the color of a border. Border-color