L3 HSC Technical Certificate unit worksheet
Unit 302 - Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
The numbers in the bracket after each question relate to the assessment criteria in the standards
1. Explain what reflective practice is (1.1.1)
Reflective practice involves being able to think about an event after it happened, critically evaluate your actions and make adjustments if necessary. It’s not about thinking you can’t do something right but thinking about how you could do it differently and improved your knowledge.
2. Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided (1.1.2)
Reflective ...view middle of the document...
4. Describe how own values, belief systems and experiences may affect working practice (1.1.4)
My values, beliefs system and experiences could impact on the work I am doing with residents if I do not have an awareness of my own values etc. This is because I could find it difficult to accept other people values and beliefs, I might feel mine are the right ones and paths I have chosen are the ways to successful rehabilitation.
5. Explain how people may react and respond to receiving constructive feedback (2.2.1)
Constructive feedback gives people the opportunity to develop; if areas for improvement have been identified then this could cause the person to become upset. If this feedback is given in a positive manner then the person is more than likely to accept it and work on improving.
6. Explain the importance of seeking feedback to improve practice and inform development (2.2.2)
It is important that I obtain feedback: this feedback allows me to continuingly improve my working practices, it also identifies any areas of development that I may have and I can then work on these areas and improve.
7. Explain the importance of using feedback in improving own practice (2.2.3)
8. Describe the components of a personal development plan (3.3.1)
What do I want to be able to do or do better?
What methods will I use to achieve my learning objectives?
How will I recognise success? How will I review and measure my improvement?
When do I expect to achieve...