Unit 1 Homework
1. Why is the CPU the most important component in a computer?
It’s the brain of the computer, without it nothing else matters.
2. What number does a bit that is turned on represent? What number does a bit that is turned off represent?
3. What would you call a device that works with binary data?
4. What are the words that make up a high-level programming language called?
5. What are the short words that are used in assembly language called?
6. What is the difference between a compiler and an interpreter?
A COMPILER is a program that translates a high-level language program into a separate machine language program. An INTERPRETER is ...view middle of the document...
It’s not going anywhere anytime soon and is used to power company websites like LinkedIn.com, Netflix.com and Amazon.com.
Dating from 2000, C# (pronounced C-sharp) is a relatively new programming language designed by Microsoft for a wide range of enterprise applications that run on the .NET Framework. An evolution of C and C++, the C# language is simple, modern, type safe and object oriented.
C++ (pronounced C-plus-plus) is a general purpose object-oriented programming language based on the earlier ‘C’ language. Developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs, C++ was first released in 1983. Stroustrup keeps an extensive list of applications written in C++. The list includes Adobe and Microsoft applications, MongoDB databases, large portions of Mac OS/X and is the best language to learn for performance-critical applications such as “twitch” game development or audio/video processing.
Python is a general purpose programming language that was named after the Monty Python (so you know it’s fun to work with)! Python is simple and incredibly readable since closely resembles the English language. It’s a great language for beginners, all the way up to seasoned professionals. Python recently...