Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
Outcome 1: Know the statutory responsibilities and rights of employees and employers within own area of work
* List the aspects of employment covered by law:
* Minimum wage
* Hours worked
* Holiday entitlements and maternity leave
* Redundancy and dismissal
* Union rights and consultations
* List the main features of current employment legislation:
* Employment rights
* Equality and discrimination law
* Health and Safety legislation
* Outline why legislation relating to employment exist:
* ...view middle of the document...
As an employee I have the obligation to ensure that I am up to date reading and following the home’s policies and procedures and to attend all the trainings provided and the updates and, also, to attend the supervisions and any meetings.
* Describe the information shown on own pay statement:
* Company name
* Employee’s name
* Tax code
* Payment period
* Payment method
* Employee number
* Total payments
* Hours worked
* NINO taxes
* Describe the procedures to follow in event of a grievance:
* The grievance should be made in writing; first I’d write to my employer for setting out all the details of my grievance.
* Meeting with my employer: my employer should then arrange a meeting to discuss my issue and look for possible resolutions. It is my legal right to have a witness with me, as a witness, such as a colleague, a trade union representative or trade union official. This witness may speak on my behalf, but may not answer questions on my behalf.
* Appeal my employer’s decision, which means that after the meeting took place, my employer should write to me in a given time a letter with the decision on how my grievance will be resolved. If I am not satisfied with this decision I have the right to appeal, the appeal should be made in writing and my employer must arrange another meeting, in that case.
* Identify the personal information that must be kept up to date with own employer:
* Personal telephone number
* Marital status
* Explain agreed ways to working with employer:
1. Data protection
It is agreed that no data should be passed on to anyone without clients or their next of keen consent, regarding clients and data regarding employees is not to be passed on or leave the premises without permission of the home manager.
Any grievance can be raised in supervision or in writing respecting the company policies and procedures, resolving that kind of problems in the workplace will save significant time and help to maintain good working relations.
3. Conflict management
First of all, I would try to discuss and mediate the issue and to come to an agreement, if this will not work I’d talk with my manager, he can try to mediate between colleagues, if that doesn’t work the manager can make it formal and put some strategies in place, if it still doesn’t work the manager can ask the area manager’s help and they can mediate the issue.
4. Anti-discriminatory practice
Anti-discriminatory practice basically means working in a way that does not discriminate against anyone means that everyone has a fair treatment and equal chances regardless of age, race, culture, sexual orientation and gender.
5. Health & safety
In my work place I have to make sure that I am aware of all Health and...