Financial Ratio Analysis of Five commercial Bank
Rational of the Study: As my title is ratio analysis, which will focus the financial, market and debt condition of the particular bank. This analysis determines the how the financial condition can change and how to fix that condition. It is important to know about ratio analysis; it is based on line items in financial statements like the balance sheet, the ratios of one item or a combination of items to another item. Ratio analysis is used to evaluate various aspects of a company’s operating and financial performance such as its efficiency, liquidity, profitability, and solvency. Ratios are also compared across different companies in the ...view middle of the document...
It stands to give the most innovative and affordable banking products to the Bangladeshi people.
* Prime Bank Limited: Prime Bank is a private commercial bank in Bangladesh. It was established on April 17, 1995 by Mr. Nader Khan who is chairman of the Bank. It is now one of the banks in Bangladesh which follows international standard in banking and finance. Prime bank offers all kinds of commercial corporate and personal banking services covering all segments of society. Diversification of products and services include Corporate Banking, Retail Banking and Consumer Banking.
* Sonali Bank Limited: Sonali Bank was established in 1972 under the Bangladesh Banks Order. As a fully state owned institution, the bank had been discharging its nation-building responsibilities by undertaking government entrusted different socio-economic schemes as well as money market activities of its own accord covering all spheres of the economy. The bank has been converted to a Public Limited Company with 100% ownership of the government and started functioning as Sonali Bank Limited from November 15 2007 taking over all assets, liabilities and business of Sonali Bank. This bank is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 11 members. The bank is headed by the Chef Executive Officer & Managing Director.
* Agrani Bank Limited: Agrani Bank Ltd is leading commercial bank with 902 outlets strategically located in almost all the commercial areas throughout Bangladesh. It was established in 1972 immediately after the emergence of Bangladesh as an independent state. It was listed public limited company on May 17, 2007. Agrani Bank Limited is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 13 members headed by a Chairman.
Problem Statement: On this step a research paper determine the problem questions and answer those questions. This research is not out of that. I have clarified some specific questions which are given below-
* What is the market position of the bank?
* How to improve the assets’ position?
* What is the liquidity condition of the bank?
* How is the competitive position of the bank?
* How is the overall financial condition of the bank?
* How to reduce the miss-match between loan and deposit?
* What is the deposit condition of the bank?
A bank can face that type of question and my goal is to answer those questions through my study.
Scope of the Research: Scope refers to how much widen...