PLANET INVADERS: 2D MOBILE PLATFORM ANDROID GAME
To the Faculty of College of Information Technology and Computer Studies Pamantasan Lungsod ng Muntinlupa
NBP Reservation, Brgy. Poblacion, Muntinlupa City
Casugay, Darryl John B.
Matala, Jessie C.
Piacedad, Julito Jr. F.
Many of us are familiar to the videos games like Sonic, Donkey Kong, Space Panic and very famous Super Mario that become a part of our childhood that we used to play with our neighbors or classmates.
Way back 1980’s or 1990’s playing videogame is very expensive, you need to buy first a specific game console for the game that you can only when are inside your house, today ...view middle of the document...
The first platform (platform game) developed is Space Panic 1980, an arcade game released by Universal. And the following year in July, Nintendo released Donkey Kong. In 1985 Nintendo Entertainment System released the very popular Super Mario Bros, that become one of the best selling video games that sold out over 40 million copies over North America, Europe, Japan and led many companies to follow the concept of it and popularizing the genre 8 – bit console game. Today the popular game genre is RTS (Real Time Strategy) and RPG (Role Playing Game) because of this the market of platform game declined. This study aims to restore the interest of games to play 8 – bit style platform games to give them a better experience and entertainment that we enjoy when play this type of games.
Objectives of the Study
The following are the objectives of the researcher why they are going to develop the Planet Invader Android Game.
1. Develop a computer software application that can be installed on mobile or android tablet
2. Develop a computer application that is reliable to common users.
3. Create system / application which is more efficient to the users.
4. Develop easy and well maintained software implemented in an android tablets or smart phones.
Scope and Limitations of the Study
* Good Script – the game story line script is to destroy all the enemies that can be seen in all stages.
* Scoring Features – this allows to view the scores of the hits of your spacecraft by each stages.
* And exciting PLANET INVADERS apps feature - features the space action software that allows them to destroy all the enemies and avoid the obstacle in all stages.
* The system cannot be implemented in personal computer base system.
* It is software created only for touch screen pads, or touch screen phones.
* This is not compatible except for android phones or tablet.
Significance of the Problem
The user are the people who will be addressed by the researcher to develop this system.
Common users who are get to play knowledgeable platform games.
The following are the things to be addressed by the researcher:
* Does the Application provides correct information and determine the users type?
* Does the Application buttons perform accurately?
* Does the Application perform its intended functions all the time?
* Does the Application satisfies the end-user’s needs?
* Does the Application can be use without minimal help from other?
* Does the Application has the all functions and capabilities I expect it to have?
4. User Friendliness
* Does the Application instruction is east to understand?
* Does the User can operate the application easily?
Review of Related Literature and Studies
According to Anderson and Bushman (2001), found that 54 Independent test of the relation...