THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES
Undergraduate Coursework Accountability Statement (To be completed by student)
ACADEMIC YEAR: 2010-2011 SEMESTER: 2
COURSE CODE: FOUN1001 TITLE: ENGLISH FOR ACEDEMIC PURPOSES
NAME: STACEY N. JAGOO ID: 310100153
1. I hereby certify that I am the author of the attached item of coursework and that all materials from reference sources have been properly acknowledged.
2. I understand what plagiarism is and what penalties may be imposed on students found guilty of plagiarism.
3. I certify that this paper contains no plagiarised material.
4. I certify that this is my own work and that I did not receive any unfair assistance from others (including unauthorized collaboration) in its preparation.
5. I certify that this paper has not previously been submitted either in its entirety or in part ...view middle of the document...
Challenges | There are many challenges that affect the natural environment due to harmful human activities and natural disasters. |
The natural environment comprises of all living and non-living things occurring naturally on the earth. It comprises of the ecosystem which composes of all living organisms in an area such as animals, rocks, plants, atmosphere, and natural phenomena, all occurring without human intervention. The natural environment is also referred to as “the environment” and is contrasted to the “built environment”. The built environment refers to the areas and components that are human made whereas the natural environment does not consist of anything that was human made or made involving human activity.
There are many challenges that affect the natural environment due to harmful human activities and natural disasters. Some of these challenges include pollution, deforestation, extinction of wildlife and population explosion. Environmentalism seeks to protect the natural environment from these challenges. For instance environmentalism aims to reduce and prevent pollution and encourages conservation of non-renewable resources as it seeks to improve and protect the quality of the natural environment.
The natural environment can be described by its components and all things occurring naturally on the earth. The natural environment also faces many challenges that are harmful to the environment and environmentalism plays a very important role in protecting the environment.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Natural environment,
Retrieved April 15, 2011
Absolute Astronomy, Natural environment
Retrieved April 15, 2011