Amazon Strategy Analysis
The strategic planning processes.
Amazon and other large enterprises to build your organization with a view - from the view of the company’s mission, goals and objectives are developed. Many times during the life of an organization is necessary for the organization to redefine the objectives of the organization on the basis of profitability, customer concerns, and the internal, external and international challenges.
• Value Chain
• Resource Based View
• Financial Analysis
Using an Analysis of the Value Chain Amazon
Amazon has developed an analysis of the value chain of its Competitive Advantage “own internal operationally better ...view middle of the document...
, to support operations
• Infrastructure: You can include accounting, finance, planning, public affairs, government relations, legal quality assurance and general management.
Some of the competitive advantages of the Amazon from the perspective of value chain include:
• Strong technological infrastructure with a single platform
• High investments in the development of technology (Kindle) to leverage best digital products
• Great product forecasting system
• Print on demand
• Suggestions constantly asking about new products
• Quick and easy payment system
• The 24-hour operations
• Free returns within 30 days
Example of a Strategic Plan Model - Amazon Internal Analysis Tools, Strategic Planning , Strategic Planning Models
Resource Based View
The Amazon based resource will help to determine where to invest in critical resources for competitive advantage. The most rare and valuable of the right resources are in the right places; the more likely it is that the company may have a long-term advantage over their competition.
The following diagram helps us to think in simple terms where to invest our resources.
Amazon may be using its resources and capabilities to create a competitive advantage. Their combined resources and capabilities produce their distinctive competencies. There are two types of competitive advantage to mention here:
• Cost Advantage: There is a cost advantage when a company is able to offer the same benefits as competitors but at a lower price
• Differentiation Advantage: There is a differentiation advantage when a company is able to offer benefits beyond its competitors
Amazon was able to identify appropriate resources and develop their skills in core areas . These investments resulted in:
• Technologies retail in sophisticated online
• Personalization features for customers on their websites
• Reliable and easily adaptable systems all on one platform
• New products (100 different products in seven major geographic markets)
• The top of the customer relationship system
• State of the art storage
Reviews on Amazon at a macro level:
• The income to the cost of overtime sales
• Income and Retained Earnings
• Leverage, Debt and Capital Structure
Amazon’s investments seem to be paying off. Its net sales have continued to grow, the cost of goods decreases as % of sales and net income continues to rise. They continue to invest in initiatives that provide a competitive advantage in the long term.
Experience leading business daily risks. However, there are times when leaders do not regularly monitor your current programs, management, employees and the new mandatory federal requirements for companies that make them vulnerable to lawsuits. Amazon should not assume their position in the market. You have to continue with vigor, plan, and lead, organize and control the...