Note: Please look through resources very carefully. This is a controversial issue so some sources may have bias. Check carefully for the expertise or background of the writer or contributor.
To LINK to any article, click on the titles in BLUE
1. Adolescent Suicide in the School Setting [ ] - How school staff and students can detect and intervene to prevent suicide.
2. Focus Adolescent Services [ ] - Resources and information on teen suicide, depression, personality disorders and other issues affecting teens and their families.
3. I'll Stand by You [ ] - This is a site for teens and young adults who are suffering from depression, suicidal thoughts and self injury. Get ...view middle of the document...
12. Parenting Teens Big database of links for help institutions.
13. Please Help Prevent Teen Suicide [ ] - Early warning signs, coping, getting help, what to do, what NOT to do.
14. Preventing Teen Suicide [ ] - Some things you should know about preventing teen suicide, provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
15. Rachel's Challenge - a school presentation to stop teen suicide and school violence
16. Reducing Youth Suicide in Queensland
17. Report on early intervention programs aimed at preventing youth suicide Australia
18. Research from the UK government into the suicide rate in the UK.
19. Second Wind Fund - a teenage suicide prevention fund.
20. Stamp Out Suicide Has a resources page with contacts, some especially for teenagers and young people in the UK and Ireland.
21. Suicide Prevention Lifeline, U.S.
22. Suicide prevention resources relating to Teens
23. Sunny Kids, Australia
24. Teen Suicide [ ] - An epidemic of the 90's. Warning sign, advice and other information.
25. Teen Suicide Help [ ] - Help for suicidal teens, including links to other help sites.
26. Teen suicide U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2006) via WebMd. Retrieved on September 3, 2008
27. The Honouring Life Network - Suicide prevention information and resources for First Nations, Inuit and Métis youth in Canada. Also includes statistics, fact sheets and forum for youth workers.
28. The It Gets Better Project created by Dan Savage
29. The Trevor Helpline: 1 866 - 4U TREVOR - nationwide (US) 24-hour, free, confidential suicide helpline for gay and questioning teenagers, United States. See The Trevor Project.
30. UK official statistics for suicide.
31. ULifeline Suicide Prevention - section about suicide on ULifeline, a mental health resource for college students.
32. Youth Suicide Prevention Information [ ] - San Pedro, California site with information furnished by Los Angeles Unified School District Student Health and Human Services Division.
33. Youth Suicide Prevention Programs [ ] - A resource guide on the prevention of suicide.
JSTOR & EBSCO Academic Search Premiere
1. Teen Suicide Clusters: More than Mimicry, R. Weiss, Science News, Vol. 136, No. 22 (Nov. 25, 1989), p. 342.
2. Teen Suicide Rate Rises as Prescribing of SSRIs Falls, Owen Dyer, BMJ: British Medical Journal, Vol. 335, No. 7619 (Sep. 15, 2007), p. 531.
3. Providing Reasons for Wanting to Live, Thomas K. Edwards, The Phi Delta Kappan, Vol. 70, No. 4 (Dec., 1988), pp. 296-298.
4. Adolescent Suicide: An Open Letter to Counselors, Jane Wolfle, The Phi Delta Kappan, Vol. 70, No. 4 (Dec., 1988), pp. 294-295.
5. Youthreach: Boston Public Presents Forum on Teen Suicide, Kate Waters, American Libraries, Vol. 16, No. 3 (Mar., 1985), pp. 184-185.
6. Understanding and Preventing Teen Suicide: An Interview with Barry Garfinkel, Barry Garfinkel, Jack Frymier, The Phi Delta Kappan, Vol. 70, No. 4 (Dec.,...