Technical Paper: Database Administrator for Department Store
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
The Strayer Oracle Server may be used to test and compile the SQL Queries developed for this assignment. Your instructor will provide you with login credentials to a Strayer University maintained Oracle server.
Imagine that you have been hired as the database administrator for a local department store. The department store has recently expanded by opening five (5) stores within your local region. They have also launched a series of marketing campaigns to attract new customers and increase sales. For your hired role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining an enterprise-wide database ...view middle of the document...
b. Propose two (2) SQL Stored Procedures that use SQL functions to help sales associates perform explanatory or predictive analytics.
c. Give your opinion on which of the two (2) ways you proposed in Question four (4) b provide greater value to expanding their business within the region.
d. Provide a copy of your working SQL code as part of the paper.
5. Research the Internet for database vendors that provide cloud computing services and complete the following:
a. Estimate the types of costs involved or the pricing structure required when implementing a cloud-hosted solution for a database.
b. Analyze security considerations and pricing of the different cloud implementation types.
c. Rank the cloud services options of Software as a Service, Platform as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service in terms of functionality, mobility, and ability to provide distributed transaction concurrency. Compare how these cloud-based services fit within an environment where users are mobile. Determine the technical provisions that would be required to ensure data integrity.
6. Evaluate whether the use of a distributed DBMS structure is appropriate and identify the optimization techniques that should be factored in to enhance the operations of the database in your design.
7. Provide at least two (2) examples of how lost updates and uncommitted data may occur, keeping in mind that five (5) stores will be generating transactions.
8. Determine the concurrency control factors that can be used to ensure valid execution of transactions within the current multiuser environment.
9. Research the Internet for backup and restoration recovery solutions and database security threats that could be applicable to the department store. Upon your research, complete the following:
a. Suggest at least two (2) options that could be made available to provide disaster management...