* To study the marketing strategies of TATA and how they implemented it for NANO.
* To know about the 4p’s of marketing and to study the segmentation, targeting and positioning.
* To know about the recent trends that TATA has been using to promote NANO in market.
Tata Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It encompasses seven business sectors: communications and information technology, engineering, materials, services, energy, consumer products and chemicals. Tata Group was founded in 1868 by Jamsetji Tata as a trading company. It has operations in more than 80 countries across six ...view middle of the document...
Tata Nano was first launched in India on 1st April 2009 and expected to be in Indian market by July 2009. Since launching, it has created a huge buzz all over India. Within the first two days of lunching, it has received 5500 booking. The figures keep increasing every day since the launching. What makes Tata Nano so cheap? Basically, by making things smaller, lighter, do away with superficial parts and change the materials wherever possible without compromising the safety and environmental compliance. It is said that Tata Nano has better millage than Toyota Prius and same gas emission as a scooter. Assembly in sanand , Gujrat India. Tata Nano car is available in 3 models Tata Nano, Tata Nano CX and Tata Nano LX. Its priced 1.43 lakh-1.97 ex-showroom.
* 2 cylinder 624 cc
* Weight 600kgs
* 15ltr fuel capacity
* Gradeability 30%
* Mileage 25.42kmpl
* Speed : 105km/hr
* Turning radius of 4 meters
* 4 seater capacity
Tata has a very wide range of products it has passenger cars, utility vehicles, Trucks, Commercial passenger Carriers and Defense Vehicles.
* Nano received media attention due to its targeted low price.
* The Tata Nano is a rear-engine, four passenger ,city car built by Tata Motors,
* It was first presented at the 9th annual Auto Expo on 10 January 2008, at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, India.
* From Singur to Pantnagar (Uttakrkhand)
* Aimed primarily at the Indian market.
The prices of Tata motors are generally affordable acceptable by the general public at large. Tata always have something for the lower class people with Nano being their trump card. Giving discount every month and special promotion for certain type of vehicle also one of the strong strategy use by Tata Motors. Discount can be made from Company’s profit or from dealer’s profit at certain range.
* Penetration pricing
* Low pricing policy with minimum profit margin.
* Though the one lakh price tag is not fixed by TATA group, it was the word of mouth of people which fixed that range. This expectation of people creates a big challenge for the company.
Tata Motors has an extensive dealer network covering Indian and International markets. Wherever you are, there is a Tata Motors Sales and Service dealership close to you. The channel of distribution, physical location, and dealership method of distribution and sales is generally adopted. The distribution of vehicle must be in a very systematic way, from the plant to dealership and to end user. This is not only in India itself but also to the world-wide dealership.
Tata motors promote their products via Advertising and after sales services.
* Enough use of one of the most important element of promotion mix, publicity reduces the necessity of other promotional devices for nano.
* Publicity as “One lakh car” by mouth to mouth.