leadership skills are:
* Describe a time when you had to lead a group to achieve an objective.
* Describe a work based situation where you had to lead by example to achieve an objective.
* Describe a situation where you inspired others to meet a common goal.
* How do you motivate team members to do something they decide they do not want to do?
Examples of decision making competency based questions are:
* What is the toughest decision you have ever made? Why was this so difficult?
* How do you come to conclusions?
* Tell me about a decision you have made that has affected other people.
* Do you find decisions difficult?
* Give me an example of a bad ...view middle of the document...
" Interviewers will ask competency questions to determine if candidates are results driven, aware of the importance of results, to find out what kind of results are important to a candidate and if the candidate understands how to achieve results.
Results orientation questions you may be asked include:
* Are you successful?
* Give me an example of a time you have been very successful.
* Why do you think people aren't successful?
* Give me an example of a time you were not successful. Why do you think this happened?
* Tell me about a time when you were responsible for something.
* How do you perform your responsibilities?
* Are you a responsible person? Explain why.
* Do you enjoy having responsibilities?
* What responsibilities have you been given in the past?
Team up responsibility
* Tell me about a time when you worked successfully as part of a team.
* Describe a situation where you were successful in getting people to work together effectively.
* Describe a time when a team member has annoyed you.
* Tell me about a time when you have had to modify yourself (or a way you do something) to take into account someone else's views.
* Tell me about a situation when you needed to offer constructive criticism to a friend or team member?
* Describe a time when you were a member of a team and witnessed a conflict within the team. What did you do? What were the results? What could you have done better?
Tell me about a time when you failed to complete a task or project on time, despite intending to do so?"
* Competency Question: Give an example of when you've led a team.
* Answer: I have led a team on a number of occasions, for example, when I was coach of my university football league. Not only do I believe that I am an efficient leader I also believe that I work well as part of a team and can also take instructions and work simultaneously with other people or colleagues. I have the ability to communicate amongst different team members effectively ensuring that the message i am try to put across to members is done so with clarity. This ultimately enables me to be an effective and successful team leader. Providing direction, support and guidance is the key to success.
* Competency Question: Give an example of when you've overcome a problem at work.
* Answer: I have not really encountered many problems with work as this will be my first time in full time work, though i do have deadlines to meet both at work in my part time job and also in college. At college I have deadlines to meet and have tasks that need to be completed these are often challenging, these i enjoy and plan my time around and also do what I can to deliver the best and highest quality work.
* Competency Question: Give an example of when you've excelled yourself at work in the past.
* How do you manage upwards?
* Give us an example of a...