* Pfizer markets various products and services for people and animals. Pfizer manufactures and sells various generic and patent pharmaceutical products for patients and animals. Pfizer main business is biopharmaceutical but has diversified businesses which include animal health, consumer healthcare, and nutrition.
* Pfizer Animal Health (PAH) has a broad portfolio that includes many of the world's leading veterinary brands in pharmaceuticals and biological and a growing range of services for veterinarians and livestock producers that complements and enhances the veterinary care their animals receive. PAH develops and sells products for the prevention and treatment of ...view middle of the document...
As part of Pfizer, Nutrition continues to have enhanced opportunities to grow in new and existing markets, as well as to leverage the Company’s strengths in order to accelerate innovation and develop new products. Nutrition’s revenues totalled $1.9 billion in 2010.
* The company profits has gradually been improved from $ 48.2 billion in 2008 to $ 50 billion in 2009 and then jumping directly to $ 67.8 billion in 2010, which means that its sale has increased from 16.02 to 22.89 %, which is the big achievement in rising revenues. The main source of revenues are from 15 brand products like Lipitor, Enbrel, Lyrica, Celebrax, Pevnar, etc which surpassed $1 billion. Pfizer has been able to generate huge revenues because of sale of patent products.
* Pfizer acquired US pharmaceutical rival Wyeth in October 2009 for $68 billion, through combination of cash, debt and stock. Its key aim is to have the best portfolio of products, pipeline and capabilities in the industry; positioned for sustainable growth; strong revenue diversification from stable, growing areas; leadership positions in key growing therapeutic areas; and focused on delivering patient-centric, innovative therapies. This has strengthened Pfizer by new capabilities in biotechnology and vaccines. The addition of Wyeth has not only strengthen their presence in US and Europe, but has also enhance their abilities to provide emerging markets in China, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East with high-quality, innovative medicines. Wyeth products contributed $18.1 billion of revenues, more than 25% of net revenues and are expected to generate savings of $4 billion by the end of 2012. They have involved in licensing agreements with different companies for collaborative research work.
* Their research and development sector is highly established and in good strength, and that is its primary business strategy. They research internally and also through contracts with third parties, through collaborations with universities and biotechnology companies and in cooperation with other pharmaceutical firms. The R&D expenditure has been higher than the total revenues generated by the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry.
* With the merger of Pfizer and Wyeth, Pfizer has been able to build world's premier biopharmaceutical R&D organization. Pfizer now has broader and deeper disease area knowledge in research units, increased modality and technology capabilities in their Biotechnology Units, and a new approach that harnesses their combined strengths to find the newest, most innovative and valuable medical solutions. The global R&D centre has four major locations across the USA and UK, having total of eight centres. Its R&D expenditure (In billion $) has been:
| 2010 | 2009 | 2008 |
R&D expenditure | 9.41 | 7.85 | 7.95 |
% of revenues | 13.88% | 15.69% | 15.45 |
* Pfizer also conducts clinical trials in more than 60 countries, working with more than 250 partners. Although all...