STUDENT SURVIVAL GUIDE
Axia’s Educational Resources
The University Library is an excellent resource that one should consult prior to doing internet searches for information for any given project. The information is accurate and does not have to be questioned. There is usually an area from the University Library that can answer any questions that arise. The online resources we are given by University of Phoenix have all basis covered and provide us with a wealth of information.
* Center for Writing Excellence provides many resources for writing. There are numerous resources for writing essays along with guidelines that the university uses. CWE should be used when writing any type ...view middle of the document...
Plagiarism is taking someone else’s published work and not citing properly.
* Plagiarism is punishable through the university
* Passing off someone else’s work is cheating
* All papers written should be put through the University’s Plagiarism Checker
* Other’s work should be cited properly
* Other areas to be aware of:
* Double dipping
* Unauthorized assistance
* Copyright infringement
* Misrepresentation and collusion
Setting and Achieving Goals
Goals are a part of everyone’s life whether they know it or not. Everyone has things that he or she wants to accomplish. To achieve the goals, it must first be decided what they are and decide how the goals will be carried out. Understand that there may obstacles and plan to get around them if they should arise. If success does not come as quickly as one would think, do not give up. Re-evaluate the goals and set new timelines, but keep striving toward those goals.
* Set Long -Term Goals: should be linked to values
* Bachelor’s degree within 3 years
* I will have a Director or Management position with Supply Chain within 5 years
* Set Short-Term Goals: should be smaller goals leading to long term goals
* Finish Associates Degree
* Make good Grades
* Polish up on math skills
* Volunteer for projects that will give me more Supply Chain experience
* Take leadership classes through Human Resources
* Read publications pertaining to supply chain and purchasing
* Prioritize Goals in order of importance
* Work toward goals every day
* Plan out how to reach goal
* Monitor progress
* Accountability and Responsibility
* Prepare for roadblocks
Managing Time Wisely
Time management can be difficult. Organization of home, work and school can help with managing time wisely. Being organized is essential in being able to do all parts of our life well. There are times that help must be requested especially with certain tasks; sometimes “no” must be said to requests of time or volunteer opportunities.
* Identify time-related needs, and what works best
* Create a schedule; use a planner to keep track of to-do lists, deadlines, events...