Strategic planning is an organizational management activity that is used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess and adjust the organization's direction in response to a changing environment. It is a disciplined effort that produces fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, who it serves, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future. Effective strategic planning articulates not only where an organization is going and the actions needed to make progress, ...view middle of the document...
Vision Statement of Apple:
“Man is the creator of change in this world. As such he should be above systems and structures, and not subordinate to them.”
Mission Statement of Apple:
“Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.”
TASK 1: THE EXTERNAL EVNIRONMENT AFFECTING AN ORGANISATION
1.1 Importance of external factors affecting an organisation
In an organisation there are several factors influence the growth and performance of the organisation. There are some factors which are influence the organization can be controlled by the management but some factors are beyond the organisation management control. The factors which are controlled by the organisation known as internal factors and factors which are beyond the management control known as external factors such as Political, economical, social and technical factors. For example apple iphone 4 technology factors affected their business because of the technological problem, FSA regulatory change made on impact to several banks with penalties and fines because of their regulations in not obliged by the financial institution. Therefore the external factors are more important to the organisation performance.
1.2 Needs and expectations of stakeholders of an organisation
It is important for Apple Inc to analysis the expectations of different stakeholders and the extent to which they are likely to seek influence over Apple strategies.
* Investor/Shareholders maximum return of profit of their investment, annual dividends or increase share price
* Managers Good salaries and bonuses, facilities, status, power, status and responsibility
* Distributors On time and reliable deliveries
* Suppliers Payment of their supplies on time and good margin of their products
* Customers Customers always looking low price with good quality and some discounts and benefits
* Employees Employees looking good rate of wages, bonuses, incentives, holidays and job security
* Government Government drawing taxes of each private organization according to their profitability
* Financiers Interest payment and loan repayment
* Society Social responsible actions and positive attitude about environment
1.3 Analysis of major changes taking place in the external environment that will affect strategy
TASK 2: REVIEW EXISTING BUSINESS PLANS AND STRATEGIES OF AN ORGANISATION
2.1 Analysing the effect of current business plans
There are various tools to analysis the effect of current business plans. Some of them are described as under: