.Statistical Symbols and Definitions Matching Assignment
Match the letter of the definition on the right to the appropriate symbol on the left.
1. S (Uppercase Sigma) B a. Null hypothesis
2. m (Mu) H b. Summation
3. s (Lowercase Sigma) E c. Factorial
4. p (Pi) I d. Nonparametric hypothesis test
5. e (Epsilon) G e. Population standard deviation
6. c2 (Chi ...view middle of the document...
H0 A h. Population mean
9. H1 F i. Probability of success in a binomial trial
Match the letter of the term on the right to the definition of that term on the left.
1. The average of the squared deviation scores from a distribution mean. D a. Reliability
2. Midpoint in the distribution of numbers. E b. Mode
3. It has to do with the accuracy and precision of a measurement procedure. A c. Generalization
4. Examines if an observed causal relationship generalizes across persons, settings, and times. F d. Variance
5. The difference between the largest and smallest score in a distribution. I e. Median
6. The arithmetic average. G f. External validity
7. Refers to the extent to which a test measures what we actually wish to measure. K g. Mean
8. The most frequently occurring value in a set of numbers. B h. Internal validity
9. The conclusion from research conducted on a sample population to the population as a whole. C
10. Examines whether the conclusion that we draw about a demonstrated experimental relationship truly implies cause. H
11. Determines how far away the data values are from the average. J i. Range
j. Standard deviation