STATEMENT OF PROBLEM:
The study aims to understand the different cause of computer games addiction and manage their time on study and playing games.
Specifically this study seeks to answer this following questions:
1. What are the cause of computer games addiction as perceived by the students?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being addicted to computer games?
3. What are the proposed ways to eradicate computer games addiction?
PANPACIFIC UNIVERSITY NORTH PHILIPPINES
Lopez Jaena St. Tayug, Pangasinan
Name: (Optional) ____________________ Gender: ________
Age : ___ Course: _________
This study attempts to determine the problems encountered by the students of PUNP that affect their performance in addiction of computers.
I. Study the effects and cause the students in computer games addiction.
Direction: ...view middle of the document...
I prefer playing games to satisfy my wants
10. I prefer playing games for fun and enjoyable that can make me feel relaxed
11. I want online games to compete other students
12. I tried to give up the computer games but it causes me depression and irritation
13. I prefer playing games to know and test how my knowledgeable I am
14. I prefer playing games to build leadership and sportsmanship
15. I prefer playing games to avoid other addiction like taking drugs
II. The study of advantages and disadvantages of being addicted to computer games
Direction: Rate the following Advantages and Disadvantage in computer addiction.
4- Strongly agree 2- Slightly disagree
3- Slightly agree 1- Strongly disagree
Problem 4 3 2 1
1. Student will be able to communicate well to other students
2. Student will be able to create some ideas while playing online games, like strategy games, brain maze games, and puzzle games
3. Student will develop their mind to become good thinkers
4. Student will be given a chance to bond to other students
5. Student will help them relieves anxiety or pain
6. Student finds freedom in themselves
7. Student feel stress free and more relax in playing computer games
8. Student will improve decision making
9. Student will gain self-confidence once they won on competition
10. Student will be given to encourage them to join a group or team
11. The student might learn playing online gambling
12. The student might learn browsing online porn website
13. The student affect their health while skipping meal to play games
14. The student might become irresponsible to do the assigned task at home
15. The students concentrate much in playing rather than studying
16. The student might suffer bullying from other students mostly when the student was defeated by the other student
17. The student might adapt bad words or unnecessary terms
18. The student might escape during class hour due to computer addiction
19. The student might become close-minded, hot-headed, lazy
20. The student might learn to cheat on their parents like making alibis in school contributions, just to provide computer games expenses.