udent registration system1. Abstract
The creation and management of accurate, up-to-date information regarding a student’s academic career is critically important in the management of a university. Previously, the University used to rely heavily on paper records for this initiative. This proposal focuses on the design and implementation of a comprehensive student management system and user interface to replace the current paper records. This system will have a staff user interface and student user interface, allowing users to access information and submit requests electronically.
The system features to track all users’ access and ensure conformity to data access guidelines. This system is ...view middle of the document...
At present much of the information is processed using manual systems, which are very time consuming, untidy in appearance and difficult to amend. Currently there is no proper IT infrastructure in the organization for the sake of registration of students.
Due to this situation organization is facing many problems of lack of accuracy, slow speed of response and non-systematic storage allocation.
3. Requirement Specification
The purpose of this document is to specify software requirements of the Online Admission for the university. It is intended to be a complete specification of what functionality the admission provides. The main purpose of the system is to automate the task carried out by different people in the organization to perform the student admission. Specific design and implementation details will be specified in a future document.
The main goal of the system is to automate the process carried out in the organization with improved performance and realize the vision of paperless admission. Some of the goals of the system are listed below:
* Manage large number of student details.
* Manage all details of student who registered for the course and send appropriate details
about the course to the students account.
* Create student accounts and maintain the data’s effectively.
* View all the details of the students.
* Activities like updating, modification, deletion of records should be easier.
* The System must support Undo the Previous activities if any Problem Occurs.
Some requirements are shared by all stakeholders.
* The system shall provide static course information
* The system shall be able to store static course information
* The system shall be able to represent static course information
* The system shall provide dynamic course information
* The system shall be able to store dynamic course information
* The system shall be able to represent dynamic course information
* The system shall provide a messaging system
Requirements of Students
* The system shall enable students to retrieve contact information of students and lecturers of subscribed courses
* The system shall provide the history of a course (view contents of a course over the years)
* The system shall provide the history of attended courses
* The system shall enable students to subscribe/unsubscribe to courses
* The system shall enable students to subscribe/unsubscribe to exams
* The system shall be able to provide a collaboration environment in a course
(so students can share files and notes within a team)
* The system shall be able to let students submit textual content
* The system shall be able to let students upload files
* The System shall allow sending messages to individuals, teams or all course
participants at once
* The system shall allow students to create teams.