‘‘PERSUASIVE SPEECH OUTLINE’’
Solar power is a viable source of energy.
ATTENTION GETTER: It’s the human condition to underappreciate what we are given when we become accustomed to its presence .The everyday convenience of electricity isn’t fully appreciated until a power line goes down and you’re thrust back into the colonial times with candles and fire stoves. Unfortunately as Pakistani’s we visit the dark ages several times a day. So now I ask you to imagine a Pakistan where unlike the false promises of politicians there is actually electricity in every house, where you don’t have to hear the gyrating noise of a generator everywhere you go. A Pakistan which isn’t ...view middle of the document...
I am going to tell you that how solar power is a viable source of energy for Pakistan for three reasons.
* It is a renewable and environment friendly source of energy.
* It has many economic and political benefits
* It will provide electricity to rural areas.
TRANSITION: So now I am going to further emphasize how solar energy is totally feasible while also being environmentally friendly. Even though the sun is not estimated to burn out for another couple billion years, it’s hard to imagine a world without the sun. It’s an integral part of the functionality and survival of the entire world, but the sun has so much potential we have yet to harness. According to National Geographic in one hour the sun radiates enough energy to satisfy global demands for a year. In contrast, today’s technology yields less than a tenth of global energy demand.
POINT # 1: Pakistan should convert to social energy because of the huge environmental benefits it provides and how it is feasible for us.
* Pakistan is blessed with the seasons where the sun shines throughout the year and this is why the potential of solar energy in the country is massive as Pakistan receives 19 mega joules per square meter in a year through which 90% of rural area can be provided the electricity.
* Solar energy is a virtually infinite source of energy. Granted in 4.7 billion years we will need to explore new routes, but for the time being solar energy is a safe source for our new energy fixation
* All of the energy stored in the earth from all the fossil fuels combined is matched by only 20 days of sunlight
* It is pollution free and does not contaminate the environment
* Solar power is silent, noise pollution is nonexistent here and this therefore constitutes a great advantage.
* Power panels are made in such a way that they do not produce any noise as there are no movable parts in them. Other forms energy producers need blades and gearboxes that are prone to producing too much noise while in use.
* The fact that solar energy is renewable makes it cheaper as compared to other forms of energy
* The only environmental costs that are normally incurred are the manufacturing and the construction costs.
* . Solar energy being a natural form of energy means it can be tapped conveniently without necessarily having to interfere with natural resources such as forests.
TRANSITION: And this is how it’s a win-win situation for everybody . We can get free electricity while ensuring the fact that films like day after tomorrow don’t come true. Now I am going to move on to how solar power is going to benefit us economically.
POINT # 2: Pakistan needs solar energy as it is cheap and has many economic and political benefits.
* Solar energy is an emerging market as you can even sell the extra energy that you aren’t using.
* The maintenance costs associated with solar energy equipment are much lower and affordable as compared to other forms of...