• Five advantages are Incremental growth; computing power can be added in small increments.
• Reliability; if one machine crashes, the system as whole can still survive.
• Speed; a distributed system may have more total computing power than a mainframe.
• Open system; an open system is open to communicate with other systems. And open system that scales has an advantage over a closed and self-contained economic system.
2. Middleware in the context of distributed application is software that provides services beyond those provided by the operating system to enable the various components of a distributed system to communicate and manage data. Middleware also does support and simplifies ...view middle of the document...
Operating systems can be found on almost any device that contains a computer from cellular phones and video game consoles to supercomputers and web servers.
6. The product software is intangible.
There are no standard software processes.
Large software projects are often one-off projects.
7. Domain experience, platform experience, programming language experience, problem solving ability, educational background, communication ability, adaptability, attitude, personality.
8. Remote procedure calls procedural communication in a distributed system is implemented using remote procedure calls. In a remote procedure call, one component calls another component as if it was a local procedure or method. The middleware in the system intercepts this call and passes it to a remote component. This carries out the required computation and, via the middleware, returns the result to the calling component.
11. Increased dependability.
Reduced process risk.
Effective use of specialists.
12. Increased maintenance costs.
Lack of tool support.
Creating and maintaining a component library.
Finding, understanding and adapting components.
13. Building large systems by integrating COTS systems is now a via Building large systems by integrating COTS systems is now a viable development strategy for some types of system such as ecommerce systems. The key benefit is faster application development and, usually, lower development costs.
14. Which COTS products offer the most appropriate functionality.
How data will be exchanged between different products.
What features of a product will...