In today’s global business environment, it is more important than ever to maintain an “edge” over competitors. Social media sites present unique opportunities for organizations to do just that. While there are numerous social media venues to choose from, none match the credentials and global presence offered by LinkedIn. We at Team Ethical Leaders firmly believe that Command Decisions Systems and Solutions (CDS2) can achieve a source of competitive advantage in attracting and retaining top talent over its rivals by utilizing a social media site such as LinkedIn. LinkedIn can also serve as a tool for building a sense of community in globally distributed multi-cultural teams (GDMCTs).
...view middle of the document...
* The company’s management team is comprised of seasoned executives from companies like Yahoo!, Google, Microsoft, TiVo, PayPal and Electronic Arts. The CEO of LinkedIn is Jeff Weiner.
* LinkedIn is currently available in fourteen languages: English, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
* As of September 30, 2011 (the end of the third quarter), LinkedIn has 1,797 full-time employees located all around the globe. LinkedIn started off 2011 with about 1,000 full-time employees located all around the globe, up from around 500 at the beginning of 2010.
* 135m+ professionals around the world as of November 3, 2011
* 31m+ members in Europe as of November 21, 2011
* 8m+ members in the UK as of December 6, 2011
* 3m+ members in France as of November 29, 2011
* 3m+ members in the Netherlands as of December 6, 2011
* 2m+ members in Italy
* 2m+ members in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
* 2m+ members in Spain as of December 1, 2011
* 1m+ members in Belgium
* 20m+ members in Asia and the Pacific as of November 21, 2011
* 12m+ members in India as of November 15, 2011
* 3m+ members in Southeast Asia as of November 21, 2011
* 4m+ members in Canada
* 6m+ members in Brazil
* 2m+ members in Australia
* As of October 2011, LinkedIn counts more than 14 million students and recent college graduates around the world as members
LinkedIn and Business
* As of September 30, 2011 (the end of the third quarter), LinkedIn counts executives from all 2011 Fortune 500 companies as members; its corporate hiring solutions are used by 75 of the Fortune 100 companies.
* More than 2 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
* LinkedIn represents a valuable demographic for marketers with an affluent & influential membership.
* More than 40,000 developers are using LinkedIn APIs to create innovative tools and services for professionals, averaging over two billion API calls per month.
* There are now more than 180,000 unique domains actively using the LinkedIn Share button on their sites to send content into the LinkedIn platform. Referrals from LinkedIn to publisher sites around the Web are up more than 75% between June 30, 2011 and September 30, 2011.
* LinkedIn members are sharing insights and knowledge in more than one million LinkedIn Groups.
* As of September 30, 2011, mobile page views account for more than 11 percent of total member visits to LinkedIn.
* As of September 30, 2011, hundreds of thousands of job applications have been submitted using Apply With LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Financial Metrics
2011 Quarter 3
* Total revenue advanced 126 percent year on year to $139 million. This was our eighth straight quarter of accelerating top line growth and our fifth straight quarter of more than 100 percent growth.