1. Social Media is the socializing through means of the media (Safko, 2010), also known as a platform where information and innovations are created by individuals through collaborative interactions in a wide spread of various communities. (Gilman, 2014) The goal of Social Media is not to market businesses, but to bring out the point-of-views and the valuable information that could help in re-defining and reinforcing the brand of a company in terms of business perspectives, and Facebook is one such platform with such a purpose.
2. Gary had concluded that Facebook is a mood dampener and also a stressful daily chore, through self experience, that instead of having his spirits lifted, they ...view middle of the document...
Physical communication between people are very much diminished. IranEnglishRadio (2011) mentioned that Facebook is a spying tool as information of individuals had provided data voluntarily, where the US spying agent has full access to data.
4. Communication had been the most affected today due to social media. Chopra (2013) suggested that the society today is more concise, going straight to the point and where lengthy speeches are gone. Short and punchy statements have taken over the era of small talks.
Social media had become a distraction in social situations. The increase of popularity of texting and the tendency for individuals to be glued to their smart phones, causing disruptions to the social settings that one is in.
Another obvious issue is that we are seeing fewer eyes when speaking in public. Listeners tend to be typing on their mobile devices, and public speakers are unable to catch the attention of the listeners in most times.
5. What specification are the young adults based on? Study should be done on a general public for unbiased results.
How often is direct communication done? Important updates are usually still done traditionally, constant communication should not cause stress.
6. Facebook had very much impacted the lives of people with both benefits and disadvantages. The benefit is that people today are able to have instant updates on their social circle’s well-being, even though they could be miles apart. But the downside of such a platform is that people had been relying too much on such platforms that they physical communication had became redundant. Moreover, there had been other articles around that had also suggested Facebook had benefited individuals more. I will still stand by my opinion against the suggestions made by Gary as through his...