Opening case questions.
1. Globalization 1.0: (1492-1800’s) “you went global through your country”. countries began to flatten the world, going global for various reasons.
Globalization 2.0: (1800’s - 2000) Generally, companies go global. “ you went global through your company”. companies tried to find cheaper labor, batter market.
Globalization 3.0: ( Present) Individuals. “ Individuals of every color of the rainbow, who will be able to plug and play”.
2. He says the world is flat, it is like saying the world is shrinking. He is not talking about the physical shape of the earth, but rather the ...view middle of the document...
3. American children will increasingly be competing head to head with Chinese, Indian, and Asian kids for the jobs. Critical thinker and ability to adding value to an organization will be essential to differentiate for the students. The students may require to obtain higher education and specialize in various different field.
4. After I finished watching the video, some of the information that been provided by Friedman was an extraordinary, which I’ve never observe in that perspective. Looking over the current business environment is an more efficiency and profitable due to the globalization.
5. A start-up company can use one of porter’s threat a new entrants because it is easy for new company to enter a market and low when there are significant entry barrier to entering a market. Today, start-up company have a more advantages to enter in the market because the company can take an advantages of the globalization. For instance, Chain offers a cheapest labor and India can provides a computer skills and telecommunication in a much cheaper than United states.
6. I argue for Friedman’s The world is flat because he has shown clearly that the world is changing rapidly and Americans have to learn how to adopt the changes to be in the game. Internet, outsourcing, off shoring, and all other Friedman’s seven forces have brought us to whole new level of era, and to subtend in it an individual should be creative and ability to bring unique ideas to the table.