MG420 DL Labor Relations
(Date of submission)
1. Define the term “collective bargaining” and list and describe four issues that are mandatory components of a collective bargaining agreement.
Tips for success:
• Have a clear Introduction, Body, and Conclusion for each question.
• If I ask you to define something, please do not give me something from a dictionary. Be more creative than that.
• Make sure you follow the MLA formatting style. You should be familiar with this by now. Note: I prefer, so I required, the use of parenthetical citations (I hate to have to scroll to see your references)
• Make sure you check, and double-check the hyperlinks you provide to me. A common error is to do a search using an online library service or database and include the hyperlink to the article you are using only to find out that when I or someone else clicks on it, you need a user name and password to get to the article. Make sure your hyperlink takes me directly to the article.
• Make sure you follow the directions I've included in the Research Assignment itself. I know what I asked you to do, how I asked you to do it, and when I asked you to do it. You should know that information as well.
• Plagiarism. Don't go there ~~ not even close to there. Know what it is, and know what it's not. Be aware that we online instructors get a feeling for your writing style by reading your conference thread postings. When the writing style in your paper is a clear departure from what you've shown me in the past, I get "curious". Do the work, and use your own words.
• Back up your work.
• Do not wait until the last minute to get started on this. Use your project management and time management skills. Know that as they say in the commercial "Life comes at you fast". Things happen, and it is rarely our fault. We don't always achieve our goals. If, at the time of the deadline (which is Sunday of week 6) you have not completed the entire assignment, then submit what have up to that time. Include a...