University of Phoenix Material
Time to Practice – Week Two
Complete Parts A, B, and C below.
1. Why is a z score a standard score? Why can standard scores be used to compare scores from different distributions?
2. For the following set of scores, fill in the cells. The mean is 74.13 and the standard deviation is 9.98.
|Raw score |Z score |
|68.0 |? |
|? |–1.6 |
|82.0 |? |
|? |1.8 |
|69.0 |? |
|? |–0.5 |
|85.0 |? |
|? |1.7 |
|72.0 |? ...view middle of the document...
Answer Exercises 5 and 6 based on the following research problem:
Ann wants to describe the demographic characteristics of a sample of 25 individuals who completed a large-scale survey. She has demographic data on the participants’ gender (two categories), educational level (four categories), marital status (three categories), and community population size (eight categories).
5. Using IBM® SPSS® software, conduct a frequency analysis on the gender and marital status variables. From the output, identify the following:
a. Percent of men
b. Mode for marital status
c. Frequency of divorced people in the sample
6. Using IBM® SPSS® software, create a frequency table to summarize the data on the educational level variable. Copy and paste the output from IBM® SPSS® into this worksheet.
7. The data set for this problem can be found through the Pearson Materials in the Student Textbook Resource Access link, listed under Academic Resources. The data is listed in the data file named Lesson 21 Exercise File 1. David collects anxiety scores from 15 college students who visit the university health center during finals week. Compute descriptive statistics on the anxiety scores. From the output, identify the following:
c. Standard deviation
From Green & Salkind (2011). Copyright © 2012 Pearson Education. All Rights Reserved. Adapted with permission.
Complete the questions below. Be specific and provide examples when relevant.
Cite any sources consistent with APA guidelines.
|Question |Answer |
|What is the relationship between reliability and validity? How can| ...