* Riordan Manufacturing
BSA/310 â€“ Business Systems
Riordan Manufacturing is one a global plastics manufacturer with projected annual earnings of $46 million. The company, a Fortune 1000 enterprise, began in 1991, with Revenues in the excess of $1 billion dollars. Riordan Manufacturing expanded and acquired a manufacturing plant in Pontiac, MI and another manufacturing plant in Albany, GA, its headquarters is house in San Jose, CA. They have also created a joint venture with the Peopleâ€™s Republic of China. This organization focuses on being Six Sigma, exceeding ISO 9000 standards, and continues to maintain an edge in Research & Development along ...view middle of the document...
(Apollo Group, Inc., 2006) Riordan is committed to improving the technologies of existing polymer and to forge into new advances of plastics.
* 5. End-User EnvironmentCurrent EnvironmentDiverse Professionals3 Independent SystemsExpansive Employee TrainingVariety of Hardware SuppliersUn-efficient Business SystemsFuture EnvironmentUnified Software SystemsEnterprise Corporate-Wide DatabaseSimplified TrainingConsolidate Hardware ProvidersReal-time Corporate Communication System
* 6. Finance & AccountingBusiness Systems:Provides all pertinent financial, budgetary, and purchasing information.Sub-Systems: Accounting System Overview, Balance Sheet, Income statement, Inventory Reports, Budgets, Charts of a Accounts, and ProceduresInterrelationships: Effects every other department of the company. Determines budget and provides profitability reports. Systems are currently disconnected and must be compiled.
* 7. Human Resources & LegalBusiness Systems: Provides worker and management processes and key company guidelines.Sub-Systems: Includes job classifications and descriptions. Policies, procedures, and maintains the organizational chart. Assures legal compliances. Human Capital ManagementInterrelationships: Provides new hire and termination processes for all departments. Interacts with Finance and Accounting regarding budgeting. Regulates all department policies. Coordinates employee compliance.
* 8. Sales & MarketingBusiness Systems: Provides current sales figures, strategic objectives, as well as various marketing data.Sub-Systems: Includes marketing overview and sales plan. Utilize a CRM system for customer relationship management. Conducts market surveys, and communications. Dictates sales objectives and methods. Objective to increase loyalty and profitability of consumers.Interrelationships: Provides employee statistics to the Financial and Accounting system. Interacts with Human Resources regarding employee data. Depends on Operations to maintain inventory and shipping.
* 9. OperationsBusiness Systems:Focuses on the general practices and procedures including inventory and shipping.Sub-Systems: Includes Supply Chain Overview Communications which includes various corporate forms.Interrelationships: Provides statistics to the Financial and Accounting system. Interacts with Human Resources regarding employee data. Relies on Human Resources to maintain compliancy/union agreements.
* 10. IT Security RequirementsProtect Personal DataProtect Transaction Information Provide Inventory Loss ControlMonitor and Control User AccessMaintain Anti-virus and FirewallSecurity PolicyEmployee Training & MonitoringTechnical SupportDatabase MaintenanceInformation Systems
* 11. Initiate and apply IT systems.Develop a unified enterprise corporate database system and software.Integrate Human Resources and Legal systems.Integrate Sales and Marketing systems.Integrate Operations systems.Riordan will introduce a corporate-wide,...