RES/351– Business Research – Final Exam Study Guide 2012
Got a 27/30 so not all anwers r correct but mostly are.
1. The process of stating the basic dilemma and then developing other questions by progressively breaking down the original question into more specific ones is called the _____.
A. research question
.>>>>>B. management-research question hierarchy
C. management dilemma
D. management question
2. Minute Maid sees research as the fundamental first step in any business decision, and it created proprietary methods for conducting research. At what level of the hierarchy of business decision makers does Minute Maid operate?
>>>>>A. Top tier
B. Middle tier
C. Base tier
D. ...view middle of the document...
7. The fundamental weakness in the research process is _____.
>>>>>>A. incorrectly defining the research question
B. identifying a flawed sampling frame
C. misdefining the target population
D. failing to identify all relevant secondary information
8. Which type of management question asks what do we want to achieve?
A. Choice of purpose
B. Evaluation of solutions
9. In the Southeast, the potato chip market share held by the Lays brand is 46%. This is an example of _____.
A. a research question
>>>>>>B. a descriptive hypothesis
C. a relational hypothesis
D. an explanatory hypothesis
10. An increase in hours of television viewing leads to increases in the sales of snack foods. This is an example of a _____.
A. research question
>>>>>>B. descriptive hypothesis
C. correlational hypothesis
D. causal hypothesis
11. To be categorized as a customer, an individual must have a history of shopping at the establishment at least twice before the start of the study with expenditures of more than $10. This is an example of _____.
A. a hypothetical construct
B. a conceptual scheme
>>>>>>>C. an operational definition
D. a dictionary definition
12. James is entering data on client gender. Because the values entered reflect male or female, this variable is _____.
13. Which variable in an experiment is the variable expected to be affected by the manipulation?
>>>>>>>A. Dependent variable
B. Extraneous variable
C. Moderating variable
D. Independent variable
14. Qualitative research seeks to _____ theory while quantitative research _____ it.
A. examine; interprets
>>>>>>B. build; tests
C. test; understands
D. apply; builds
15. Which of the following is true of quantitative research?
A. It uses a nonprobability sampling method
>>>>>>B. Results are generalizable
C. Data analysis is ongoing during the project
D. Sample sizes are generally small
16. The use of a control group in experimentation _____.
A. provides for the manipulation of the independent variable
>>>>>>>B. serves as a comparison to assess the manipulation
C. minimizes the cost of experimentation
D. allows for discovery of the average effect of the independent variable in different situations
17. What is the first step in conducting an experiment?
A. Specify the level(s) of the treatment
B. Choose the experimental design
C. Control the experimental environment