A Business Report is an objective and presentation of information in order to achieve some purpose. It is a basic management tool used in decision making. Report may be classified in different ways. Like on the basis of formalities, On the basis of function, On the basis of frequency of issue etc. The basic objective of the report is to know the salient features of writing report & how the formal reports are important in Business Communication.
Business report has no single correct answer but several solutions, each with their own costs and benefits to an organization. Report may be targeted to readers inside or outside the organization. In formal reports we have ...view middle of the document...
This assignment is partial requirement of the course BUS-202, namely Business Communication.
2.2 Objective of the assignment:
• The basic objective of the assignment is to know the salient features of writing report & how the formal reports are important in Business Communication. • To write the report in formal way.
• To know about the formal report.
• Provide recommendation for future action.
• Show concise and clear communication skills.
• Demonstrate your analytical, reasoning, and evaluation skills in identifying and weighing-up possible solution and outcomes.
2.3 Limitation of the Assignment:
• Having difficult to find books from internet.
• Less time to work with the assignment.
• Many e-books pages are blocked by the e-books authority. • Difficult to find the latest books from the internet. • Lack of our vocabulary.
• It was very difficult to found a formal letter.
It is a basic research of the assignment on “A Formal Business Letter”. The source of information is secondary founded through internet research and different kind of books including our text book. After gathering information we analyze that it is vital for us to ensure an appropriate level of formality, sensitivity, fairness, and objectivity.
Description & Analysis:
4.1 Business Report:
Business reports are a type of assignment in which you analyze a situation (either a real situation or a case study) and apply business theories to produce a range of suggestion for improvement.
The true value of the research may be assessed through a report since the written report may be the "only tangible product of hundreds of hours of work. Rightly or wrongly, the quality and worth of that work are judged by the quality of the written report - its clarity, organization and content".
A Business Report is an objective and presentation of information in order to achieve some purpose. It is a basic management tool used in decision making.
C.A. Brown offers a very simple definition-“A reports a communication from someone who has some information to someone who wants to use that information.”
According to Raymond V.A. Lesikar -“A business report is an orderly objective communication of factual information that serves some business purpose.”
Remember that with business report, typically, there is no single correct answer but several solutions, each with their own costs and benefits to an organization. It is these costs and benefits which you need to identify and weigh-up in your report.
So we can say that a business report in an organized statement which describes natural statement & independed or definite inquiry for the purpose of the interest person.
4.2 Types of reports:
There is no single way to classify reports. We can classify business reports in various ways. They are given bellow:-
• On the basis of legal formalities report can be –
A Formal report is one which...