Repairing Jobs That Fail to Satisfy
CASE STUDY |
Danica Michaela A. Mancao
Statement of the Problem
Drainflow has effectively reduced cost through specialization but it has greatly lead to both employee and customer dissatisfaction due to incorrect processing of orders; improper billing service and unfitting people being sent to do the job.
* To determine if employee dissatisfaction affects the performance of the job.
* To determine some ways to make cash reward system motivating to employees
* To determine if the new job structure will help in having employees work effectively
* To determine if personality is an essential ...view middle of the document...
* 40 percent from the respondents of the survey felt their experience was not good with DrainFlow, while 30 percent said that they would contact a competitor the next time they encounter plumbing problems.
Alternative Courses of Action
Job satisfaction is an essential factor to employees. It has been said that a happy worker is a productive one. To increase employee satisfaction it could help if they be provided with a variety of tasks to increase their motivation and also broaden their knowledge. With repetitive and familiar tasks, workers no longer find ways to perform better and they tend to rely too much on other people, in return affects job performance.
Management could also consider having employees work as a group and have profit, incentives and other appraisals divided within the group. This will help reinforce team effort, commitment and coordination that could lead to a better leadership. Developing teams could also help each job categories are more organized, where the team leader could coordinate with other divisions’ team leader and check the performance of each member.
Other incentives could also be considered by the Management that will satisfy and motivate employees. Doing so will let them feel that the Organization appreciates the work they have done. Examples would be employee of the month award, announcement of employee accomplishments and promotions which will be based on their performances.
Management could make the structure more organized and coordinated by having an easy line of communication for information to travel faster among the divisions.
Seminars and Training should be incorporated for employees so they could learn some things about plumbing, thus widening their knowledge and empowering them to answer the questions of customers to prevent further mistakes.