Question Bank (8th)
1. India's first international biosphere reserve is called what? Nilgiri biosphere reserve
2. Which general won the Battle of Imphal in 1944? General Slim
3. The party was formed by former state water resources minister T.M Jacob. Name the party. Kerala Congress (Jacob)
4. Mansar Lake is at a distance of 60 km from which Indian city? Jammu
5. The idol of which Goddess has replaced the king in the famous Mysore Dasara procession (402nd edition took place in 2012)? Chamundeshwari
6. Two clues: 1: Sets Sail for India on December 16, 1896 on the Prince Regent Lutipold; 2: Had a close association with Ajit Singh-Raja of Khetri? Ans: Swami Vivekananda
7. Where in Andaman and Nicobar is India's only ...view middle of the document...
What is the literal meaning of 'Nataraj' in Sanskrit? Ans: Lord of Dance
14. Which is the oldest mountain range in India ? Ans: Aravallis.
15. INS Arihant is India's first what? Ans: Nuclear Submarine
16. Which monument in Delhi was designed by Fariburz Sahba ? Ans: Lotus temple
17. An explorer found a silver coin marked 7 BC. He was told it was a forgery. Why? The label BC only could have come into usage after 0 BC.
18. What day follows the day before yesterday if two days from now will be Sunday? Thursday
19. Bonnie’s father has five daughters but has no sons. Four of thedaughters are named Chacha, Cheche, Chichi, and Chocho. What is the fifth daughter’s name?
20. Name the bow of Arjuna? Ans: GANDIVA
21. Who established the Boy Scouts Association in India? Ans: ANNIE BESANT
22. As per the epic Ramayana the river was known as Pampa. How do we know the river know? Ans: TUNGABHADRA
23. Against which country did Rahul Dravid score his first ODI Century? Ans: PAKISTAN
24. Which Sanskrit term means 'the science of life ' ? Ans: Ayurveda
25. His real name was Maheshdas. He wrote under the pen name "Brahma" and a collection of his poems are preserved in Bharatpur Musuem. Who? Ans: Birbal
26. Which Sikh Guru compiled the Granth Sahib? Ans: Guru Arjan Dev-the 5th guru
27. Which Indian institution was the site of Old Hijli detention camp? Ans: IIT Kharagpur
28. Which vice-President of India was one of the first recipients of the Bharat Ratna in 1954? Ans: Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan
29. The national flag as we see it was designed by whom? Ans: Pingalli Venkaiyya
30. Which element was discovered by a team of astronomers who had camped near Bellary, Karnataka in 1868? Ans: Helium