In this assignment I was requested to select Qualitative Data as well as Quantitative Data to analyze as well as examine the results. This data will seek to provide managers with some additional insight into the behaviors of their employees. The goal of providing this information will allow them to make better decisions base on the data we examine.
1. The variables I selected were:
Qualitative data Gender (Male=1, Female=2)
• I selected gender because it provides us with some demographical data to utilize that contracts the male and female population.
Quantitative data Intrinsic Job Satisfaction (Scale 1-7)
• I chose to select intrinsic job satisfaction because the data gathered from the survey can be utilized as a dependent variable.
• This data concludes that the overall job satisfaction with Intrinsic and Extrinsic measures of the employees.
• The measures of a central tendency date is ...view middle of the document...
For variable Gender:
Standard Deviation 0.50
For variable Intrinsic job satisfaction score:
Standard deviation 0.40
The above data indicates that the variability in the data of the intrinsic job satisfaction score is about 0.40, the range of the data with minimum value (4.7) and max. Value (6.2) is 1.5. It indicates that the data ranges from 4.7 to 6.2.
• The coefficient of skewness (0.52) indicates that the job satisfaction scores are approximately positively skewed.
• The data of the Gender is a qualitative, therefore the range skewness is not applicable regarding the data provided.
The gender is qualitative, the below data is listed in a pie-chart. The data indicates that there are 43% Male employees and 57% of the Female employees are included in the survey data of company.
For variable Intrinsic job satisfaction score. Since the data is quantitative and measured on continuous scale from 1 to 7, hence the appropriate graph/chart to represent the data is histogram. The data is represented in a histogram below indicates that the data of the intrinsic job satisfaction scores of the employees in the company is approximately positively skewed.
• The maximum number of employees have scatisfaction score between 4.7 to 5.3, it indicates that more number of employees are satisfied in intrinsic manner.
The results provide us with data to show that there is a large number of female employees included in the survey versus the male employees. The representations displayed in the charts allow us to have alternative ways to view the data and make conclusions. In addition it provides you with comparison between statistics versus just listing the data in an excel table format.
Bluman A. G. (2010) Elementary Statistics A Step by Step Approach (5th Edition) Newyork, NY: McGraw Hill
Bill Mumma, (2005) Highway Surveying Manuel Retrieved http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Publications/Manuals/M22-97.htm
Lane, David 2009 Retrieved from:http://davidmlane.com/hyperstat/A39322.html