1. A random sample of size 15 is selected from a normal population. The population standard deviation is unknown. Assume the null hypothesis indicates a two-tailed test and the researcher decided to use the 0.10 significance level. For what values of t will the null hypothesis not be rejected?
a) To the left of -1.645 or to the right of 1.645
b) To the left of -1.345 or to the right of 1.345
c) Between -1.761 and 1.761
d) To the left of -1.282 or to the right of 1.282
2. Which of the following is a characteristic of the F distribution?
a) Normally distributed
b) Negatively skewed
c) Equal to the t-distribution
d) Positively skewed
QNT 561 Final Questions and Answers QNT 561 ...view middle of the document...
A firm offers routine physical examinations as part of a health service program for its employees. The exams showed that 8% of the employees needed corrective shoes, 15% needed major dental work, and 3% needed both corrective shoes and major dental work. What is the probability that an employee selected at random will need either corrective shoes or major dental work?
8. When data is collected using a qualitative, nominal variable, what is true about a frequency distribution that summarizes the data?
a) The upper and lower class limits must be calculated.
b) The number of classes is equal to the number of variables plus 2.
c) The â€œ5 to the k ruleâ€ can be applied.
d) A pie chart can be used to summarize the data.
Download now Entire course QNT 561 Entire Course
9. If an ANOVA test is conducted and the null hypothesis is rejected, what does this indicate?
a) The p-value is less than a.
b) All population means are different.
c) At least one pair of population means is different.
d) The population means are equal.
10. A random sample of 20 items is selected from a population. When computing a confidence interval for the population mean, what number of degrees of freedom should be used to determine the appropriate t-value?
QNT 561 Final Exam Solution QNT 561 Final Exam (Latest)
11. The question, "Should products be withdrawn if even one death is associated with its prescribed use, even if no fault for the tampered product accrues to the manufacturer?" is an example of a(n) _____.
a) strip data mining issue
b) unresearchable question
c) ill-defined problem
d) favored-technique problem
12. A large department store examined a sample of the 18 credit card sales and recorded the amounts charged for each of three types of credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Six MasterCard sales, seven Visa, and five Discover sales were recorded. The store used an ANOVA to test if the mean sales for each credit card were equal. What are the degrees of freedom for the F statistic?
a) 2 in the numerator, 15 in the denominator
b) 6 in the numerator, 15 in the denominator
c) 18 in the numerator, 3 in the denominator
d) 3 in the numerator, 18 in the denominator
QNT 561 Entire Courses and Final Exam QNT 561
13. A linear trend equation is used to represent time series values when the data are changing by equal what?
b) percents and proportions
14. Which of the following goals should a good survey instrument accomplish?
a) Encourage each participant to provide accurate responses
b) Encourage participants to be succinct in their responses
c) Encourage participants to answer only those questions they are comfortable answering
d) Encourage participants to end the survey when they feel they have contributed enough information
Answers To QNT 561 Final Exam Free Essays QNT 561 Final Exam
15. Kroger, a grocery store...