This website uses cookies to ensure you have the best experience. Learn more

Pv Factor Essay

774 words - 4 pages

RATING ERRORS
HALO EFFECT: The tendency to let someone’s exemplary performance in one dimension influence your rating of the person in other dimensions; assuming that good performance in one dimension means the person is also as competent in other dimensions.
Example: You are filling out the Recommendation of Readiness (ROR) for an employee with whom you have a great relationship. This employee volunteers for unpopular after-school activities, and comes up with creative solutions to problems. Therefore, you have no doubt that the individual is one of your strongest employees in terms of initiative and innovativeness. You don’t know much about the individual’s other abilities. Since you ...view middle of the document...

This employee has worked at your school for two years. You recommend this individual based on the project completed a couple of weeks ago, and assume it is reflective of the person’s performance throughout the past two years.

CONTRAST EFFECTS: This occurs when a rater lets an extremely strong or weak employee
become the standard by which other employees are judged. Example: You just completed a Recommendation of Readiness for one of the best coordinators at your school. When evaluating the next person, who always completes work on time, but without the flair that characterized the work of the exemplary coordinator who you just recommended, you decide not to recommend.

FIRST IMPRESSION ERROR: The tendency of a rater to make an initial favorable or unfavorable
judgment about an employee that is not justified by the employee’s subsequent performance. Example: During the first couple weeks of school, a new employee of yours shows great enthusiasm for the job, and makes a lasting positive impression on you. From then on, your judgment of the individual’s job performance is affected by your initial positive impression of the person, leading to inflated ratings of performance.

PRIMING BIAS: The tendency to focus on certain aspects of an employee’s performance (often to the exclusion of other important aspects), due to a cue that...

Other Papers Like Pv Factor

Clark Paints Essay

757 words - 4 pages Tax Amount Tax % 0 $(200,000) 0 $$72,540 $32,000 5 $40,000 After tax 10% PV Present Amount Factor Value $(200,000) 1 $(200,000) $1 $0.65 $47,151 3.79 $178,749 0.35 $11,200 3.79 $42,459 $40,000 0.62 $24,840 $111,450 Trial and error method to determine IRR Use higher and higher PV factors until you end up with a negative PV Here the PV factors for 32% and 36% were tried. (Be careful to use the correct PV tables - PV of $1 or PV of an annuity

Seda Pd Solar Essay

2227 words - 9 pages Point Changed from 0.98 to 1.0 Command Power Factor Reaches 90% Steady State Value in ~ 3.2 seconds Source: Agua Caliente PV Plant in Yuma, Arizona, USA May 23, 2012. ~212MW on-line. 40 © Copyright 2013, First Solar, Inc. Inverters Change VAr Output Power Curtailment at Different Levels Inverters are Turned Down/ OFF to curtail output Set Point Increased Plant Curtailment Test Set Point Reduced Source: Agua

The Mba Decision

2513 words - 11 pages THE MBA DECISION 1. How does Ben’s age affect his decision to get an MBA? In our opinion, Age is one of the important factor that affects someone decision to continue study. In this case, Ben is now 28 years old. He graduated from college six years ago when he’s age is 22 years old. Assuming that Ben already working for about 5 years since graduated from college, so that he would have enough money from salary saving in5 years to do his MBA

Finance Papers

2148 words - 9 pages kissaafsnf fdnsjdnfkjdsvf sdnkjsdhkjdsf,mc sdsnfjdskvnkjzncxz zcnskjchnjskfcmz cjshfskjhckjxznc z skhckjszhckjzcn My opinion, Age is one of the important factor that affects someone decision to continue study. In this case, Ben is now 28 years old. He graduated from college six years ago when he’s age is 22 years old. Assuming that Ben already working for about 5 years since graduated from college, so that he would have enough money from

Time Value of Money

5195 words - 21 pages corporate finance HG 4026 .R677 1995 PART I: Single Sum. Time Value of Money: Know this terminology and notation FV Future Value (1+i)t Future Value Interest Factor [FVIF] PV Present Value 1/(1+i)t Present Value Interest Factor [PVIF] i Rate per period t # of time periods Question: Why are (1+i) and (1+i)t called interest factors? Answer: 1. Start with simple arithmetic problem on

Solutions to Brief Exercises

2707 words - 11 pages | | (95,000) | |Free cash flow | |$215,000 | *If the land were purchased as an investment, it would be excluded in the computation of free cash flow. Chapter 6 BRIEF EXERCISE 6-1 8% annual interest i = 8% PV = $15,000

Principles of Corporate Finance How to Calculate Present Values Richard A. Brealey Stewart C. Myers Franklin Allen Slides by Matthew Will & A. Gledson de Carvalho Mcgraw Hill/Irwin Copyright © 2003 by...

2876 words - 12 pages Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved 3- 3 Present Value Present Value Value today of a future cash flow. Discount Rate Interest rate used to compute present values of future cash flows. Discount Factor Present value of a $1 future payment. McGraw Hill/Irwin Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved 3- 4 Present Value Present Value = PV PV = C1 (1 + r )  1

Paper

760 words - 4 pages = PV (1+r)^n 2 = 1 (1+r)^10 (1 + r) = 2^(1/10) (1 + r) = 1.0718 r = 1.0718 – 1=0.0718=7.18% 4-5 Would you rather have a savings account that pay 5% interest compounded semiannually or one that pays 5% interest compounded daily? Explain. A: I would rather have a saving account that pays 5% interest compounded daily than compounded semiannually because effective rate of semiannual interest rate is 5.063% while effective rate of daily compounding

Australia Eco

1171 words - 5 pages many years; PV panels may find it difficult to compete. Because always with discount and subsidies, an installation fee still exists for customers. People are getting used to the old way and it depends on individuals preferences. It is need to mention that market failure may be a considerable potential issue for PV panel subsidies. Many causes contribute to market failure results. The main factor main is incomplete property rights of PV panels

Investment Detective

937 words - 4 pages : Equivalent PV (Cash flows) = Annuity n-year annuity present-value factor where the n-year annuity present-value factor (the present value of an annuity of $1.00 per period for n periods, or PVFA) is 1.  − 1 (1 + r)n PVFA = r Graphic Comparison

A Review of the Discounted Cash Flow Techniques on Investment Appraisal of

2550 words - 11 pages Where: PV = present value FV = future value K= Cost of Capital (required rate of return for the investment) n= number of years for which money is invested and is the discount factor (DF) He goes further to provide an NPV formula as follows: NPV = + + +. . . . + - I0 Where: I0 = initial investment FV = future value received in 1 to n years Shim & Siegel (1999) present the NPV formula as follows, summarising all the items in bracket [from

Related Essays

Foundations Of Finance 1 Essay

714 words - 3 pages +R)T = $550(1+0.055)10 = $939.48, which is less than $1,000. 4. If annual interest rate is 5%: (a) PV = C*(PV factor) = C*[1-(1/(1+R)T)]/R = ($10,000/0.05)*[1-(1/(1+0.05)6)] = $50,756.92 (b) PV = C/R = $10,000/0.05 = $200,000 -To compare with the present value of the annuity, the perpetuity needs to be discounted PV/(1+R)T = $200,000/(1+0.05)10 = $122,782.65 At interest rate of 5%, I prefer the perpetuity (b). If annual interest rate is 10

Communication Essay

1358 words - 6 pages Chapter 5 A1. (Bond valuation) A $1,000 face value bond has a remaining maturity of 10 years and a required return of 9%. The bond’s coupon rate is 7.4%. What is the fair value of this bond? Calculating PV factor: i= required return = 9% = 0.09 n= 10 years Using Cash Flow of $1000 to calculate present value, Cash flow= $1000 PV factor = 1/(1+i)^n = 0.42241 PV = $1000*0.42241= 422.41

Fnce 100 Essay

2556 words - 11 pages to purchase a new car and you are willing to pay $21,000. If you can invest at 10% per year, and you are currently have $15,000, how long will it be before you have enough money to pay cash for the car? 16 8 8 Present Values and Discount Factor   The Multiplier PV  Present Value: C 1  r  T  C 1  r  T 1 is called the discount factor (DF) (1  r )T • Distant cash flows are discounted at a

Intermediate Financial Accounting Kieso Solution Manual Chapter 6

5707 words - 23 pages $ 6,360 (b) $ 5,400 30% $ 1,620 7,200 50% 3,600 8,400 20% 1,680 Total Expected Value $ 6,900 (c) $ (1,000) 10% $ (100) 3,000 80% 2,400 5,000 10% 500 Total Expected Value $ 2,800 EXERCISE 6-21 (10–15 minutes) Estimated Cash Probability Expected Outflow X Assessment = Cash Flow $200 10% $ 20 450 30% 135 600 50% 300 750 10% 75 X PV Factor, n = 2