1. Providian Trust being the 10th largest financial and fiduciary services provider, slowly deteriorated in terms of profitability and competition in 1994 due to lack of efficient business process and IT. The key motive behind the initiation of Access Plus was due to the following reasons:
* Forceful client demand on the part of PITS division.
* Trust division lacked control and discipline.
* Operation efficiency and outdated reporting systems as far as the clients concerned.
* To convert the trust divisions expired information system to more efficient system.
* Seeking improved methods to serve the clients.
* Time, Quality and Cost improvement.
* Improper ...view middle of the document...
* Changes have to be made to the front office of PITS, Personal Trust, Operations department back office which is responsible for handling and maintaining records for securities.
* The primary caretakers of data, taking responsibility for trust account administration and existing trust information is the operations group and here the information would be converted to the Access plus system.
* The company houses two IT departments, retail banking being supported by 204 IT personnel but only 30 IT personnel are in the Operations Department. More IT personnel have to be added in the Operations department as they would produce huge number of data which flows into the database.
3. Harley Davidson and Providian Trust were both huge companies with a very big network and huge market share. Each organization has their own strength, weakness, success and failure. Both companies built a large network and had an enormous market share.
* The employees of both the companies were experienced but employees of Providian lacked knowledge required for changing the system.
* The strategy of Harley Davidson was organized, ready to change and executed well compared to Providian Trust employees.
* Providian trust had a strong personal two-way relationship with the clients compared to Harley Davidson.
* There was a very strong leader for Providian trust who supported greatly to success compared to Harley Davidson.
* There was lack of communication and Providian Trust employees failed to meet deadlines.
* There were constant differences between the executive group members of Providian Trust which made it difficult to implement the project and created a lot of chaos. Harley Davidson executed the whole process a lot more efficiently and set themselves up For long-term success.
4. I agree with the role that the internal auditor Peter Storey played throughout the project.
* The SWOT analysis proved how the program was not going to be a success.
* Peter played an important role in bringing the points up but the...