1. Today there is renewed interest in field of project management. One of the biggest reasons for this is that technology is ever changing. Just when a company feels like they have caught up to the recent technology, it evolves and leaves them behind. Businesses are trying to keep ahead of the changing times and are having to think fast and adapt to the fast moving changes. These changes are bringing about a greater need for project management.
2. A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. An IT project is a project that involves the use of hardware, software, and networks. A project has six main attributes: they must have a unique ...view middle of the document...
Scope statements, work breakdown structures, and requirement analyses are tools used in scope management.
• Project time management includes estimating how long it will take to complete the work, developing an acceptable project schedule, and ensuring timely completion of the project. Gnatt charts, project network diagrams, and schedule performance measurements are tools often used in time management.
• Project cost management consists of preparing and managing the budget for the project. Project budgets, payback analysis, cost estimates, and cost management plans are tools often used in cost management.
• Project quality management ensures that the project will satisfy the stated or implied needs for which it was undertaken. Quality metrics, checklists, and quality control charts are tools often used in quality management.
• Project human resource management is concerned with making effective use of the people involved with the project. Motivation techniques, empathic listening, responsibility assignment matrices, project organizational charts, and team building exercises are tools often used in human resource management.
• Project communications management involves generating, collecting, disseminating, and storing project information. Communications management plans, kick-off meetings, status and progress reports, and virtual communications are tools often used in communications management.
• Project risk management includes identifying, analyzing, and responding to risks related to the project. Risk...