PC Training & BUSINESS CoLLEGE
FACULTY OF MEDIA, INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY [2 YEARS]
IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT 600
1ST SEMESTER ASSIGNMENT
Name & Surname: _________________________________ ICAS No: _________________
Qualification: ______________________ Semester: _____ Module Name: __________________________
Date Submitted: ___________
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA | MARK ALLOCATION | EXAMINER MARKS | MODERATOR MARKS |
MARKS FOR CONTENT |
QUESTION ONE | 20 | | |
QUESTION TWO | 25 | | |
QUESTION THREE | 25 | | |
QUESTION FOUR | 20 | | |
| | | |
| | ...view middle of the document...
* Present and communicate information reliably and coherently.
Instructions and guidelines for writing assignments
1. Use the correct cover page provided by the institution.
2. All essay type assignments must include the following:
2.1 Table of contents
2.3 Main body with subheadings
2.4 Conclusions and recommendations
3. The length of the entire assignment must have minimum of 5 pages. Preferably typed with font size 12
3.1 The quality of work submitted is more important than the number of assigned pages.
4. Copying is a serious offence which attracts a severe penalty and must be avoided at all costs. If any learner transgresses this rule, the lecturer will retain the assignments and ask the affected learners to resubmit a new assignment which will be capped at 50%.
5. Use the Harvard referencing method.
QUESTION ONE [20 MARKS]
You have been appointed by the CEO of an international telecommunications company to make a short presentation to the board of directors about the benefits of using a management-by-projects approach on the company’s next project. Your short presentation (written) should consider the following:
1.1 Explain what project management is, and why it is different to other forms of management.
1.2 Explain how project management can be applied to your company’s projects.
1.3 Point out the trend towards professional project management and your local project management society/ association who are supporting certification.
1.4 Outline the role of the project manager.
1.5 Suggest a small pilot project on which you can develop your project management systems.
QUESTION TWO [25 MARKS]
Project management techniques were originally developed to plan and control large capital military projects, particularly the US military projects in the 50s and 60s. Since then project management has expanded to all sectors of industry and commerce. Give a brief presentation (written or verbal) on:
2.1 How project management has been introduced into your industry and your company.
2.2 How project management computer systems have been introduced into your industry and your company.
2.3 Henry Gantt developed the barchart, and Henri Fayol developed a management process....