Attention: This notice is a reminder of company policy on acceptable use of email and text messaging. As the company continues to grow there is a need to refresh you on the Company acceptable use policy. The reason for this policy is to ensure the appropriate use of email and text messaging so that all employees is mindful of what’s considered as satisfactory and unsatisfactory to the company. However, this guideline is a road map and guide of appropriate use.
• Email and Text messaging is a corporate communication business tool which must be used in a suitable professional manner that is appropriate to the organization and the team.
• Email is primarily used in all company businesses. Company confidential information must not be shared outside of the Company, without authorization, or at any time. Using the company computer for personal use is prohibited.
• ...view middle of the document...
✓ Do check your electronic mail daily for any new messages.
✓ Do check the address line before sending a message to ensure you are sending it to the
✓ Do take the time to think the delivery of the message before you send it, someone could get offended.
× Do not print electronic mail messages unless absolutely necessary
× Do not send excessively large electronic mail messages or attachments.
These emails are prohibited at the Company. Sending or forwarding non-business emails will
result in disciplinary action that may lead to employment termination.
Please note the following
1. All electronic mail activity is monitored and logged.
2. All electronic mail coming into or leaving the Organization is scanned for viruses.
3. All the content of electronic mail is scanned for offensive material.
Email and Text messaging usage assigned to an employee's computer or telephone extensions are
solely for the purpose of conducting Company business. Some job responsibilities at the
Company require access to the email and the use of software in addition to the Microsoft.
Removing such programs from the Company network requires IT staff to invest time and
attention that is better devoted to progress. For this reason, and to assure the use of work time
appropriately for work, we ask staff members to limit email and text messaging use.
Keep in mind that the Company owns any communication sent via email or that is stored on
company equipment. Management and other authorized staff have the right to access any
material in your email or on your computer at any time. Please do not consider your electronic
communication, storage or access to be private if it is created or stored at work.
This is not the totality of the policy but just a few of the things to remember. Please take the time
to review the whole policy and sign the acknowledgement that you have read it.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself or your manager.