Summary of Content: This module examines the process of strategic management, focusing on the nature of strategy formulation and implementation. The analysis of strategy concepts and case study examples will be used to develop awareness of the factors that must be considered in strategic decision-making. Topics include: strategic vision and mission, environmental and industry analysis; generic strategies; core competence; growth and diversification; internationalization and the execution of strategy.
At the end of the module we are able to subject the.
* Concepts of strategic management to critical analysis; analyze the business and competitive environment; formulate competitive and ...view middle of the document...
This module develops:
* Being able to think critically and be creative: manage the creative processes in self and others; organize thoughts, analyze, synthesize and critically appraise.
* Being able to solve complex problems and make decisions: establish criteria, using appropriate decision-making techniques including identifying, formulating and solving business problems; and the ability to create, identify and evaluate options; the ability to implement and review decisions Professional practical skills.
* The ability to conduct research into business and management issues either individually or as part of a team through research design, data collection, analysis, synthesis and reporting
* Effective performance within team environments and the ability to recognize and utilize individuals' contributions in group processes and to negotiate and persuade or influence others; team selection, delegation, development and management
* Leadership and performance management: selecting appropriate leadership style for different situations and setting targets
* High personal effectiveness: critical self-awareness, self-reflection and self-management; time management; sensitivity to diversity in people and different situations and the ability to continue to learn through reflection on practice and experience
* Effective two-way communication: listening, effective oral and written communication of complex ideas and arguments, using a range of media, including the preparation of business reports.
Key Take In’s:
* This module developed my awareness and critical evaluation of strategic management by assessing the impact of the business environment on organizations. The nature of practicing strategy will be evaluated by reviewing the tools and activities involved when formulating strategies.