You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to maintain healthy dental hygiene.
A. According to, the American Dental Hygienists Association, forty million people suffer from bad breath. How many of you like to have yellow teeth or bad breath?
B. If you want to avoid obtaining yellow teeth and bad breath, then you should listen here.
C. I’m interested in dental hygiene because I wonder why some people have perfect, white teeth, while others need to head to the dentist chair. I wonder why some people don’t want to have sparkling white teeth while others do. And then they wonder why they don’t have a boyfriend or a ...view middle of the document...
Gingivitis is the result of plaque buildup due to improper cleaning of the teeth. This plaque builds up on your teeth and as a result, you walk around with inflamed gums, red gums, bleeding gums, and itchy gums. Does that sound appealing?
G. Finally, bad dental hygiene will leave you lonely on a Saturday night. No one wants to cuddle up next to a person with itchy, inflamed gums, and stinky breath.
A. For those of you who want to have healthy dental hygiene and a date in the near future, you should follow these steps in order for cleaner, whiter teeth.
1. The first step is proper teeth cleaning; brushing your teeth at least three times a day, after meals, with the use of mouth wash can prevent teeth from turning yellow.
2. Next, limit the consumption of certain products. This means you should limit the intake of certain foods or drinks that will stain your teeth such as coffee, tea, and pop. If you are a caffeine addict and must have these beverages, then immediately after the intake of these drinks, brush your teeth along with mouthwash.
3. Along with the above steps, flossing is also an important factor to healthy dental hygiene. You should floss daily.
4. Finally, regular visits to the dentist can prevent any developments of unhealthy dental hygiene. The dentist can “help you learn good oral hygiene techniques and can help point out areas of your mouth that may require extra attention during brushing and flossing”.
5. Lastly, good dental hygiene will land you that date with Mrs. Right
Still not convinced? Imagine one night out on the town and you see an attractive male or female. Coincidently it appears that they do not have a date. You approach them. Everything is great until they open their...