School of Business
Human Resource Management
This Human Resource Management Pathway Module seeks to explore the Performance Management aspect of the HR Managers role – detail, depth and complexity:
1. Holistically – as a strategy which relates to every activity of the organisation set in the context of its human resources policies, culture, style and communications systems,
2. As a process that contributes to the effective management of individuals and teams to achieve high levels of organisation performance,
3. As a system through which organisations set work goals, determine performance ...view middle of the document...
Measuring Performance – Organisational and Individual
9. Strategic performance measurement techniques - evaluating and improving organisational performance
10. Reviewing Performance
11. Assignment Case study – group activity and feedback.
12. Assignment Proposal
13. Dealing with under-performance - HR and Line Managers.
14. Managing Reward –the link with performance
15. Job Evaluation, Pay structures, Reward Packages
16. Rewarding Special Groups / Incentives
17. Contingent Pay – Motivation and Performance
18. Managing and integrating Performance and Reward.
19. Evaluation: HR Management – future role in both Performance and Reward Management.
20. The future of the HR Management in relation to employee and organisational performance Consolidation and Assignment Progress
Baron, A. and Armstrong, M. (2007) Human Capital Management Kogan Page
Beardwell, I. and Claydon, C. (2010) Human Resource Management: A Contemporary Approach, Harlow:
FT Prentice Hall.
Marchington, M. and Wilkinson, A. (2005) Human Resource Management at Work, CIPD.
Lasserre, P. (2012) Global Strategic Management Palgrave.
Pettinger, R. (2010) Organisational Behaviour – Performance Management in Practice Routledge.
Scullion, H. and Collings, D. G. - Editors (2011) Global Talent Management Routledge
Argyris, C. (1999) On Organisational Learning, London: Wiley Blackwell.
Armstrong, M. (2006) Strategies for Human Resource Management: A Total Business Approach, London:
Armstrong M. (2012) Armstrong’s Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice 12th Ed. Kogan Page
Beardwell, I. and Gold, J., (2009) Human Resource Development, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
Bratton J and Gold J (2012) Human Resource Management Theory and Practice 5th Ed. Palgrave.
Brown, A. (1998) Organisational Culture, Harlow: FT Prentice Hall,
Brown, D. (2001) Reward Strategies. CIPD
Burnes, B. (2004) Managing Change, Harlow: FT Prentice Hall,
Chivers, W. and Darling, P. (1999) 360 Degree Feedback and Organisational Culture, CIPD
Crosby, P. (1995) Quality without Tears – The Art of Hassle Free Management, McGraw-Hill
Eckerson, W. (2005) Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business John Wiley & Sons Inc
Fletcher, C. (1997) Appraisal: Routes to Improved performance. CIPD
Fletcher C (2007) Appraisal, Feedback and Development, 4th Ed. Routledge.
Harrington, H. J.et al (1997) Business Process Improvement Workbook: Documentation, Analysis, Design and Management of Business Process Improvement McGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
Holbeche, L. (2001) Aligning Human Resources and Business Strategy, London: Butterworth Heinemann.
Harris, L., Watson, T. and Leopold, J. (2004) The Strategy of Managing Human Resources, FT Prentice Hall,
Maxey, J. et al. (2004) The...