An Investigation to determine the effects of Unemployment in Jamaica between 2003-2009.
* Define the term ‘Unemployment’.
* Identify the main types of ‘Unemployment’ found in Jamaica.
* To find out the main causes of ‘Unemployment’ in Jamaica.
* To uncover the effects of ‘Unemployment’ in Jamaica.
* To broaden my knowledge about ‘Unemployment’ on a whole.
* To find realistic solutions to unemployment in Jamaica.
PURPOSE OF INVESTIGATION
During the period 2003-2009, the researcher has observed a lot of persons being unemployed for one reason or the other. Therefore, the researcher has become very concerned and has taken the responsibility of ...view middle of the document...
Are you currently employed?
4a. If yes, what is your occupation? _____________________
4b. if no, how long have you been unemployed?
1-6 months 7-11 months 1-5 yrs 5yrs and over
5. Have you been searching?
6. Have you ever applied for a job?
Never 1-3 times per year 4-6 times per year 7 and over
7. What is your highest level of education?
D) None of the above
8. How many CSES subjects do you currently have?
1-4 5-7 8 and over None
9. Do you think you are qualified to be employ for a job of your choice?
10. How best would you describe the term “Unemployment.”
A) A situation where a person is in the labour force, willing and capable of working, but has not yet found a job.
B) A situation where a person is in the labour force, which is mentally or physically challenged and is not working.
C) A situation where an individual is without a paid job but available to work.
D) None of the above
11. Have you ever thought about becoming self employed?
12. What are some of the benefits you think of being self employed?
B) Setting own rules
C) Enjoy all the profit
D) Always employed
13. What are some of the disadvantages you think of being self employed?
A) Bear all risks and losses
B) Harder and longerworkingyh
C) Require constant motivation, commitment, self sacrifice and creativity
D) Lack of leisure time
14. How best would you describe an unemployed person?
A) A person who is mentally or physically challenged and is not working.
B) A person who has been laid off.
C) A person who is not interested in searching of a job.
D) A person who is awaiting results of job application.
E) A person who is out of a job.
15. What is the main type of unemployment you think most of the persons in your community facing?
A) Normal unemployment in which persons are being fired as for being inefficiency or becoming redundant or leaving in search of a better job.
B) Technical unemployment in which technology changes or improvements resulting machines replacing manual labour.
C) Seasonal unemployment in which only certain time of the year person’s work.
D) Voluntary unemployment in which persons register as unemployed in order to claim benefits without any intention of taking permanent jobs.
16. Do you think unemployment has a great effect on you community?
17. What is/are the factors that you think contributes to unemployment?
C) Rapid technological changes
E) Ability to look for work
18. What is/are the effects you think persons faces because of unemployment?
C) Low self esteem
19. Do you think...