UNIT 1 PROBLEM SET 1 UNIT 1 PROBLEMS
1. The general public in the United States will be able to purchase all of the Windows 7 editions in retail stores except Windows 7 Home Basic , Windows 7 Enterprise, and Windows 7 Ultimate.
2. The core module that provides all of the windows 7 capability that isn’t language- or edition-specific is called MINWIN.
3. When you copy a file to a library, Windows Explorer writes the file to the folder designated as the My Documents.
4. To use federated search, you must download or create XML files for specific sites called Windows Share Point.
5. The only operating system edition that you can upgrade in-place to Windows 7 ...view middle of the document...
9. The Windows 7 Starter edition is only available in a 32-bit version.
10. The maximum amount of system memory supported by Windows 7 Enterprise is 192 GB.
1. Windows easy Transfer supports two types of migrations, called side-by-side migration and wipe-and-load migration.
2. When a serious problem occurs with Windows 7, you might be able to repair it by starting the Windows PE operating system and running diagnostic tools. In this scenario, Windows PE is called by another name, which is Windows Recovery Environment.
3. To migrate user profile information from one computer to another, you can use either direct or indirect.
4. A computer running Windows PE will automatically reboot after 72 hours of continuous operation.
5. Windows Easy Transfer supports migration using any removable storage medium common to the two computers except floppy disks.
6. The Windows 7component that enables the computer to support more than one language is called the multi-lingual user interface (MUI) pack.
7. The reason it is possible to remove the Windows 7 installation disk to supply the Setup program with drivers is that Windows PE runs on a hyper-V hypervisor environment.
8. To upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7, you must perform a clean installation.
9. The files and settings that Windows Easy Transfer can migrate to a Windows 7 computer are primarily stored in user profile data.
10. As a pre-installation environment, Windows PE is a vast improvement over MS-DOS because it includes internal support for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Windows Script Host that makes it possible for administrators to create scripts that are far more powerful than MS-DOS batch files.