TUTORIAL - Chapter 14 Communicating Customer Value: Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The communication tools a company uses to pursue its advertising and marketing objectives is often referred to as the company’s ________.
a. direct marketing
b. target marketing
c. promotion mix
d. marketing mix
2. Companies often make use of short-term incentives to encourage the purchase or sale of a product or service called ________.
a. direct marketing
b. sales promotions
c. personal selling
d. public relations
3. When most people think of marketing, they think first of the common form of paid, ...view middle of the document...
9. The _______ budget setting method is often preferred because it is the most logical method. It deals more with specific promotion goals and accomplishments.
10. All of the following are examples of sales promotion tools EXCEPT _______.
c. telephone surveys
11. ________ is very believable—news stories, features, sponsorships, and events seem more real and believable to readers than ads do.
b. Public relations
c. Personal communication
d. Direct marketing
12. If the ________ is effective, consumers will then demand the product from channel members, who will in turn demand it from producers.
a. pull strategy
b. push strategy
c. direct marketing
d. word-of-mouth influence
13. A company starts with total revenues, deducts operating expenses, and then devotes some portion of the remaining funds to advertising. This is an example of how the ________ method operates.
14. “Buy it now” refers to ________.
a. personal selling
c. sales promotion
d. Public Relations
15. Which situation(s) likely occur(s) with a push strategy?
a. use of intermediaries
b. no use of intermediaries
c. high consumer demand
d. unwillingness of manufacturers to produce to meet demand
16. Which situation(s) likely occur(s) with a pull strategy?
a. Use of intermediaries
b. primarily advertising is used
c. less use of intermediaries
d. B and C
17. Word-of-mouth carries great weight for products that are all of the following EXCEPT ________.
d. highly visible
18. Vast numbers of consumers are aware of your product. It is now your goal to enhance preference for your product. You plan to use nonpersonal communications through print media. This will include all of the following EXCEPT _______.
c. the Internet
d. direct mail
19. When the objective is to build primary demand, such as when introducing a new product category, ________ is used heavily.
a. Persuasive advertising
b. Informative advertising
c. Reminder advertising
d. None of the above
20. ________ becomes more important as competition...